First time pig owner/LS swap. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So it finally made it home with me. After the test drive didn’t go “perfectly” the PO insisted he take the truck to his new shop and get it right before I took it. Let’s just say if you are in Raleigh NC and want to hear about a terrible experience,inquire with me and I’ll fill you in. After about two weeks I finally had enough and limped the thing home myself.
After finding the shop had in fact not drained the varnished fuel, I flushed the tank with e85(really great cleaner). I believe I still have a carburetor issue but I haven’t been able to diagnose anything yet. Unfortunately it’s been raining ea evening and I’ve only tinkered with it a few minutes at a time. It’s pretty complete and completely rusty but I love it so far.
869A056A-674D-4D52-8919-9FA0291F0413.jpeg

2DF950D9-F9F2-4762-B82B-077FAC9259F2.jpeg

So the PO said the rear window didn’t work… so I like a good reader found the window thread. Figured it was the safety button and it was! Unfortunately the window frame? that holds the window glass was rotten and the window fell out and the frame crumbled. I’m needing one if anyone has one available. The mechanism seems to work but it’s all very rusty.
Also looking for a better tailgate. I’ll snap more photos tomorrow morning.

Last edited:
So it finally made it home with me. After the test drive didn’t go “perfectly” the PO insisted he take the truck to his new shop and get it right before I took it. Let’s just say if you are in Raleigh NC and want to hear about a terrible experience,inquire with me and I’ll fill you in. After about two weeks I finally had enough and limped the thing home myself.
After finding the shop had in fact not drained the varnished fuel, I flushed the tank with e85(really great cleaner). I believe I still have a carburetor issue but I haven’t been able to diagnose anything yet. Unfortunately it’s been raining ea evening and I’ve only tinkered with it a few minutes at a time. It’s pretty complete and completely rusty but I love it so far. View attachment 3053950

View attachment 3053951
toast to the new pig owner! :beer:

**UPDATE**
So just got the 55 back from the mechanic, who rebuilt the carb, and it’s not better. Worse actually. Bummer
I went into it knowing it was a risk to try and rebuild the factory carb. I was hoping to keep it original. Now I guess I’m buying a Weber.
Still haven’t really been able to drive this thing yet and I’m determined to get it ready for our local land cruiser clubs meet in Uwharrie.
Suggestions on a replacement carb?

Original is best.
Maybe there is something other then the carb having issues. If there was that much bad gas in the tank. Or ignition issues

Original carb worked great originally. They still can.

Welcome to the mystery theater and things that go bump in the night.

You will prevail

@silveradofab

@65swb45 (aka Mark) is a Landcruiser only business owner since 1990. He stocks and sells parts and does rebuilds on customer parts as well. Carbs, steering boxes, axles, brakes, etc.

He’s old school and does business on the phone. I have ordered a lot of parts from him. I was extremely impressed with the level of care his wife went to to package the parts to make sure they weren’t damaged in transit. He was extremely generous with his time to answer several of my questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom