Wait Times for LX600 allocations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

^^^^^ This.

I am not sold on the new LX either, a reasonable alternative is the new Sequoia once it hits the market. Was supposed to be end of summer, but who knows if that is still accurate.

I wish each dealer was mandated to have one vehicle to test drive for each model in their lineup. I would hate to order something, wait forever for it to be built, then realize that it is not what I thought it would be.

We are in a crazy market with no end in sight. Hope each manufacturer can slowly begin to get back to ‘normal’ production rates.

Got the call today for an Atomic Silver F-sport with AHC and Mark Levinson, so I went ahead and took it. Was thinking luxury, but F sport has grown on me. I was #12 on my dealers list - their guess is 4-6 weeks out. Now debating keeping the 2016 Landcruiser or capitalizing on the crazy used car market.

Keep both if you have the means, you can always off-load one later on for good money should you prefer on over the other.

Got the call today for an Atomic Silver F-sport with AHC and Mark Levinson, so I went ahead and took it. Was thinking luxury, but F sport has grown on me. I was #12 on my dealers list - their guess is 4-6 weeks out. Now debating keeping the 2016 Landcruiser or capitalizing on the crazy used car market.
I vote sell the 2016. I think the market has peaked, and my dad (owns a used car dealership) has already started to see a good deal of "off-loading" of 3rd cars, v8 gas guzzlers, boats, sports cars, etc. I don't think the LC will go up in value anymore, and highly likely this current bubble will burst.

Maybe, maybe not. The 300 Series Cruiser isn't available here, the LX600 version is grossly more expensive, currently unobtanium and not as well received as most had anticipated. Gas prices will eventually come down (when remains to be seen), the mass exodus towards an electric craze is still a long way off, and those who own Land Cruisers usually aren't the group most directly impacted by a down turn in the economy. Toys like third+ cars, boats, planes, SxS's, etc. will be the first on the chopping block and only those silly enough to think that a more economic vehicle will save them money in the long run will unload their large SUV's en masse and again that's not your typical Land Cruiser owner, think Tahoes/Suburbans/Expeditions.

I agree that we are going to see a large slump in the housing and auto markets, no doubt, but I don't think that the late model Cruiser market will shift much anytime soon. I've added another 10K miles to ours in short order and the value is pretty much the same as it was six months ago with 1/4 the miles and a year model younger. At the end of the day, if you can justify and afford both I don't see any reason to unload it, but if money in your pocket is more important then yes, now is the best time to unload it.

Was in same position. Thought I wanted the Luxury but ended up liking the F Sport better. Hoping to see one here in about 3-4 weeks. I say keep the 200 series. You will probably regret selling.

From my understanding the order banks for the Sequoia have not yet opened so it'd be hard to have an order in for one. We are on a list to place an order when they do open but there are no PO's for them yet outside of whatever initial launch stock vehicles dealers get to sell at what I am sure will be a healthy markup. It sounds like you're on the list at West Side Lexus as those are the numbers they've been telling us for quite some time now. I am not sold on the new LX for the money, we liked our 570 but we didn't "love" it. It's going to be hard to beat the Capstone Sequoia loaded out at $80K in comparison.
Was thinking over the weekend that if I get the Capstone in before the LX, I will roll my LX600 deposit to a 2024 (next gen) GX 550.

Was thinking over the weekend that if I get the Capstone in before the LX, I will roll my LX600 deposit to a 2024 (next gen) GX 550.

We are definitely interested in the next gen GX as well.

^^^^^ This.

I am not sold on the new LX either, a reasonable alternative is the new Sequoia once it hits the market. Was supposed to be end of summer, but who knows if that is still accurate.

I wish each dealer was mandated to have one vehicle to test drive for each model in their lineup. I would hate to order something, wait forever for it to be built, then realize that it is not what I thought it would be.

We are in a crazy market with no end in sight. Hope each manufacturer can slowly begin to get back to ‘normal’ production rates.
I have owned multiple years of each vehicle (LandCruiser, Tundra, Sequoia, but not the LX) and I highly doubt the new Sequoia (or Tundra) will meet the fit and finish of the LX. Even the prior year Land Cruiser's never matched the fit and finish of the older LX's. The American made Toyota's fit and finish has always paled in comparison to the Japanese made Toyota and Lexus models. Some of it is blatantly obvious like the quality of the leathers and plastics, overall use of plastics, and the amount of hard versus soft surfaces. Other things such as tolerances and fit of the interior plastics such as those hiding the mounting bolts and seat tracks are less obvious.

I have to think this is something that could be easily be fixed, but part of it probably is the price difference allowing for better leather, carpet, plastics, etc or the Japanese versions of these components are just better. It probably is a mix of both. It's why the best Sequoia will never be a Land Cruiser or LX no matter how bad some people want this to be the case. I'll report back after I see the new Sequoia in person. Maybe things have changed.

I have owned multiple years of each vehicle (LandCruiser, Tundra, Sequoia, but not the LX) and I highly doubt the new Sequoia (or Tundra) will meet the fit and finish of the LX. Even the prior year Land Cruiser's never matched the fit and finish of the older LX's. The American made Toyota's fit and finish has always paled in comparison to the Japanese made Toyota and Lexus models. Some of it is blatantly obvious like the quality of the leathers and plastics, overall use of plastics, and the amount of hard versus soft surfaces. Other things such as tolerances and fit of the interior plastics such as those hiding the mounting bolts and seat tracks are less obvious.

I have to think this is something that could be easily be fixed, but part of it probably is the price difference allowing for better leather, carpet, plastics, etc or the Japanese versions of these components are just better. It probably is a mix of both. It's why the best Sequoia will never be a Land Cruiser or LX no matter how bad some people want this to be the case. I'll report back after I see the new Sequoia in person. Maybe things have changed.
I have no idea, all that I do know is the Sequoia has outsold the LC and LX combined in the US (most years).

I think consumers in the US just want a true full size SUV and in the past the LC and LX did not fit the bill. The new Sequoia might be a step down from prior models due to substantially less cargo area.

I agree that fit and finish is better in the LC and LX, not for the price difference it is not worth it to the masses.

If any eventually become available to be test driven I will gladly try out both the LX and the Sequoia, once released.

I don't think anyone expects the Sequoia to be on par with the LX in terms of fit/finish/build quality but there is quite a vast price difference in the two models and the Capstone version at $80K is pretty nice and some $30K+ less than the higher trim LX's. We liked our LX a lot, but it in no way would I pay six-figures for the new one or ever consider it to be worth that much more than the Sequoia.

those who own Land Cruisers usually aren't the group most directly impacted by a down turn in the economy.
Ding ding ding. If anything we are using this opportunity to expand our fleets. Gonna get on the list for LX600 once they've sold a few thousand. Make sure those wastegates are working and all.:smuggrin:

Ding ding ding. If anything we are using this opportunity to expand our fleets. Gonna get on the list for LX600 once they've sold a few thousand. Make sure those wastegates are working and all.:smuggrin:
There are quite a few of us that have the financial means for sure, but we have not forgotten the meaning of value. Gas prices should not mean anything to me, but they do. Many of us had humble beginnings, and lingering memories of frugality.

There are quite a few of us that have the financial means for sure, but we have not forgotten the meaning of value. Gas prices should not mean anything to me, but they do. Many of us had humble beginnings, and lingering memories of frugality.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

It’s always good to be mindful of others whom are now being crushed under the weight of inflated gas and food prices especially if their vehicle is low gas mileage but necessary for their work. Of course these same people will be left holding the gas can when the tide has shifted to electric or some other solution.

Gas pricing is the one thing that everyone is aware of and makes people flip their votes in elections.

Dealer in WI has 2 for sale at MSRP. One is a F-sport.

Last edited:
I’m on my local dealers list with a deposit. I’m punting until next years model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom