Clogged oil cooler (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good to hear.

BTW, what’s up with your spark plug wires?
When I was simply going to clean the engine bay and only replace a “few parts” I cut them to better cover the distributor with plastic, prior to pressure washing.

This place may be able to fix your air rail, as well as plate it with Nickle for high-temp durability. One of those rails below was buggered like yours and they fixed it for $30, then plated. It's on the truck now. I also had them re-braze and replace the end caps on the rail as those are known to rust out before the rest of the assembly, particularly the one at the firewall end.

1657237432735.png

1657237662741.png

Hey Matt, i'm replacing a side cover gasket, and that whole area is gunky. I'm removing these hoses and metal pipes from the area. I'm replacing the hoses even tho they seem fine, but whatever... As far as the pipes go, do you suggest soaking them in that CLR or IronOut?

Hey Matt, i'm replacing a side cover gasket, and that whole area is gunky. I'm removing these hoses and metal pipes from the area. I'm replacing the hoses even tho they seem fine, but whatever... As far as the pipes go, do you suggest soaking them in that CLR or IronOut?

YES ,

- i use this approach all the time on cooling system parts ,

- i would NOT use it full strength , rather reduce it with tap water , per the directions on the bottle

- you will want to monitor its progress too , do NOT simply leave it for days immersed or soaking over night

- the results are almost , in minutes NOT hours ...

- out AQUAFUR here under the Chesapeake bay watershed is inside limestone deep beneath the bottom of the sea floor , so our public tap water craetes teh same in kind scale build up on all our plumbing fixtures like shower heads and faucets too

- i have used it on all sorts of high-end KOHLER and DELTA cosmetic shower , kitchen and bath parts never having a negative effect in any way ......

- if you think your oil cooler on ANY toyota engine is clogged do to cooling system scale and build up , then THIS IS THE WAY ......

- think this : what does a machine shop do to engine blocks and cylinder heads after complete parts strip-down ?

- dunk them in a hot-tank , of similar chemicals :cool:

- i have
NEVER heated this stuff to be krystal klear here , so unless you know that topic , dont boil it or make a home - brew hot tank in your shop without doing your home work first ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom