What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (16 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just curious what fan/clutch setup you ultimately went with. I have a SBC - I set it up with a rigid-mounted (clutchless) 18” fan and a shroud and it cools well enough for a hot day in MD. If I get stuck in traffic on a 90-degree+ day, temperatures start pushing 215-220ish which makes me a bit nervous. Someday I want to redo my shroud and maybe switch to a clutch fan so I can hear myself think above 60mph…plus if it winds up cooling a little better, that’ll be a bonus!
With 3 row champion aluminum radiator and shroud

F5542AA6-BEF3-45B9-A258-4548F467393E.png

098EBB04-22A6-4CC2-9833-4D184A3C7B8C.png

Have the cruisers just wish I had the space and help and might actually got more done. Definitely jealous of your space. As for the blue 72 that is actually a 73 model. I have a 73 and glad it is verses a 72. Was probably easier installing a different drivetrain verses a 72. My 73 will get a H42 and Fairey OD. Easy bolt in on a 73 with the right parts. Has the one year only reverse light. Bucket seats and door on the fuel inlet also say 73.
Corrected. 73. Yes it has reverse light that is hard to find intact these days. It’s been a decent quest to find the right space and make a classroom for the boys. Best investment I have made all things considered. You have a great collection of cruisers. It does take $time for sure. I document what the elves do here. It’s our happy place.

@samatulich I had to show this to my wife … we are east coast fishermen but she has never seen a halibut… you have 2 new fans !! 👏 👏 We have the mini version in the Atlantic they call “fluke” and I do mean mini . A good catch is 10lbs

@samatulich I had to show this to my wife … we are east coast fishermen but she has never seen a halibut… you have 2 new fans !! 👏 👏 We have the mini version in the Atlantic they call “fluke” and I do mean mini . A good catch is 10lbs
That was 60#, my first halibut caught since moving up here.

Just curious what fan/clutch setup you ultimately went with. I have a SBC - I set it up with a rigid-mounted (clutchless) 18” fan and a shroud and it cools well enough for a hot day in MD. If I get stuck in traffic on a 90-degree+ day, temperatures start pushing 215-220ish which makes me a bit nervous. Someday I want to redo my shroud and maybe switch to a clutch fan so I can hear myself think above 60mph…plus if it winds up cooling a little better, that’ll be a bonus!
I will have to take more pictures. This is one from before the master cylinders.

View attachment 3051931
Whoaaaa. That’s 10lbs in a 5lb bag…..of cool.

Finally put on the soft top…The Jury is still out on whether or not I like it yet, but, it’s growing on me.View attachment 3053054View attachment 3053055

I don’t know, I like yours with a hardtop more. I think the soft top would look far better on my rig… :D

Historically I’ve hated the soft tops I’ve had on my rig. The ‘Best’ Top I had on my rig flapped, leaked, and was a pain to take off and on. I found it easier to run a rigid ‘Bikini’ top in the summer and a Hardtop the other 8 months a year. I’ve had my eye on factory tops for a few years… maybe one day I’ll make my own. There’s no way I can justify the $$$ to buy one for a few weeks a year that I’m not running a hardtop or topless… at least not yet anyway.

You’ll have to give us a full rundown on how you like it once it’s worn and shrunk to fit.

Looks iconic…Serengeti Iconic. Kashmir Iconic. Sahara Iconic….

Finally put on the soft top…The Jury is still out on whether or not I like it yet, but, it’s growing on me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom