Simplified gear box diagrams H4x & H55F (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I had to draw some 'how a gear box works' pictures for a physics class, so I based them on the Toyota boxes ;). The transfer case input is shown, but the synchronizing rings have been left out and the reverse idler gear is only shown in the reverse illustration.

toyota H gearbox.jpg

Bearings are shown in red or pink, spacers are green. Gears without red or pink at their centres are fixed to the shafts with splines. Dog-wheels slide along the splines to transfer power from various gears. The power pathways are shown in light green.

Shows typical Toyota resourcefulness, fitting the reverse gear to the first/second gear dog-wheel, fitting a fifth gear onto the end of the existing 4 speed, etc.

Should be useful for showing why upgrading an old H41 or H42 to a H55F may require lots of work (especially in drive shaft length changes).

bye.
toyota H gearbox.jpg

Sweet. Thank you for sharing your work.

You sir get an AAAAAAAAAA+++++++++++++. :cheers:
I had to draw some 'how a gear box works' pictures for a physics class, so I based them on the Toyota boxes ;). The transfer case input is shown, but the synchronizing rings have been left out and the reverse idler gear is only shown in the reverse illustration.

View attachment 659671

Bearings are shown in red or pink, spacers are green. Gears without red or pink at their centres are fixed to the shafts with splines. Dog-wheels slide along the splines to transfer power from various gears. The power pathways are shown in light green.

Shows typical Toyota resourcefulness, fitting the reverse gear to the first/second gear dog-wheel, fitting a fifth gear onto the end of the existing 4 speed, etc.

Should be useful for showing why upgrading an old H41 or H42 to a H55F may require lots of work (especially in drive shaft length changes).

bye.
View attachment 659671

Never caught this when it was first posted, but outstanding work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom