Events/Trails Cruisers on the Rocks II "The Deuce" : October 20-23 Windrock Park, Tennessee (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I didn't pull cable.

Don't be a 🐈

Ledge:

Done like a boss!

I hate to say it, but I watched some Jeep guys do that ledge on Youtube. The ones that had the best success and nailed it without a ton of diff-busting wheel spin (even open fronts) stayed way right and got their rear tire on that one little rock all the way to the right to get traction. I watched a few of them do it to check it wasn't a one-off thing. Exactly the way you ended up doing it.

Yeah. Unfortunately jeeps are way batter off-road than our crusiers. We have them beat all the way around but they’ve got us off-road.

I wasn’t sure if you pulled cable the first time or not, especially considering you were pulling @sammybones 😜

I don't think I actually had to pull rope once for myself at COTR. There was the hi-lift recovery from your rock pit idea that I got talked in to, but no cable. Just the tow strap at GSMTR the year prior, as mentioned 😋

Done like a boss!

I hate to say it, but I watched some Jeep guys do that ledge on Youtube. The ones that had the best success and nailed it without a ton of diff-busting wheel spin (even open fronts) stayed way right and got their rear tire on that one little rock all the way to the right to get traction. I watched a few of them do it to check it wasn't a one-off thing. Exactly the way you ended up doing it.

Yeah. Unfortunately jeeps are way batter off-road than our crusiers. We have them beat all the way around but they’ve got us off-road.
We had that JK in our group at GSMTR year before last. @abuck99 's buddies. 37s, currie axles, big build. He walked everything the rest of us struggled over.

But then we found rock bouncers on a night ride a few weeks ago and having seen them... Jeeps are cute. 😵

I don't think I actually had to pull rope once for myself at COTR. There was the hi-lift recovery from your rock pit idea that I got talked in to, but no cable. Just the tow strap at GSMTR the year prior, as mentioned 😋
I think that’s because you were “fortunate” enough to be tail gunner on the easier stuff, except for the day we did 30. You know because @ga12r1 knows you love to be tail gunner!

I think that’s because you were “fortunate” enough to be tail gunner on the easier stuff, except for the day we did 30. You know because @ga12r1 knows you love to be tail gunner!
Yeah I promise I did some cool lookin stuff, it's just that nobody cares to film by the time the 15th guy comes along 😄

We had that JK in our group at GSMTR year before last. @abuck99 's buddies. 37s, currie axles, big build. He walked everything the rest of us struggled over.

But then we found rock bouncers on a night ride a few weeks ago and having seen them... Jeeps are cute. 😵
Don't worry, I think we can make sure you pull some cable this year.😬

Yeah I promise I did some cool lookin stuff, it's just that nobody cares to film by the time the 15th guy comes along 😄
I do remember that hi-lift “fun” from the first unofficial day. And if I remember correctly it was Lees idea for you to take that line…something smells awfully familiar here…🤔

I do remember that hi-lift “fun” from the first unofficial day. And if I remember correctly it was Lees idea for you to take that line…something smells awfully familiar here…🤔
Hey, I take that line all the time. Unfortunately I don’t think Ga saw the same line as me😁

Hey, I take that line all the time. Unfortunately I don’t think Ga saw the same line as me😁
”Go that way” is the way you call out lines. No pointing, or actual “left” or “right”. And then halfway through “well that’s the way I said to go”…

It’s (nearly) July, and we’re a little confused by not heading to Silverton this year….

Maybe this is a good idea, but don’t I recall a pattern of broken front differentials here? 😳

It’s (nearly) July, and we’re a little confused by not heading to Silverton this year….

Maybe this is a good idea, but don’t I recall a pattern of broken front differentials here? 😳
Well, all the HIH are trails would rate as easy at COTR except the last 1/3 of Poughkeepsie might bump to a moderate 😬 The Silverton/Ouray/Telluride trails are beautiful and I love them but they aren’t very technical or demanding 👍

If any last year's attendees do not plan on participating, I will gladly buy your spot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom