SAS SAS #6 Official Thread Aug 1 - 5 2022 (2 Viewers)

SAS #6 Colors for Shirts and Trail Flags

• • Capri Blue

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • • Sky Blue

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • • Pollux Orange

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • • Spring Green

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • • Yellow / Mustard

Votes: 13 14.4%
  • • Freeborn Red

Votes: 29 32.2%
  • • Rustic Green

Votes: 21 23.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status?
  • Finish fan shroud
  • Pull fuel module and braze on push on fittings
  • Run new fuel line
  • Run heater hoses
  • Run rad hoses
  • Finish intake
  • Reinstall/reassemble front end
  • Wire up batteries/winch
  • Finish trans cover, reinstall carpet
  • Rebuild rear brakes (stuck cylinder on one side)
  • Run new rear brake line (nicked it getting old crossmember mounts out)
  • Plumb PS lines
  • Run AC lines, evacuate and charge system
  • Wiring - presently have an entire GM harness inclusing fuse block just kinda hangin out in there - We might be rolling out with what I'll call "version 1" of the wire harness 😄
  • Build a new 6 lug trailer type axle to replace the leaky 5 lug truck axle under my trailer
  • Wire in a trailer plug
  • Continue fiddling with tune to make it run more better (can do this on the road too)
  • Hope the rednecks that retubed my rear driveshaft actually balanced it (no weights on it..)
  • Remember the 10 things I forgot to do and work on them in camp.
Making sure your fanclutch is secure would be good also. Radiator replacement on the trail is a pain. Year 3 if IIRC?

Making sure your fanclutch is secure would be good also. Radiator replacement on the trail is a pain. Year 3 if IIRC?
Retaining factory LS fan clutch. No electric for me. That was a PITA when that electric fan blew up and killed my radiator. That was year 4, the first time I brought my 76. Before that I brought the FJ62. I still need to rework that 76 for a mechanical fan.

Trans threw a code for shift solenoid B and is in “limp mode” so I’m throwing the whole shebang in while the pan is down. Other than that I’m good to go.
DF50B4F5-065D-4A49-977B-42B75BFA066F.jpeg

Is there any one, that's not going to be able to make the event with a KOH spot, that we could take over the $ payment? I could also add in a bonus swag package?

Please DM Me or email me at info@redlinelandcruisers.com

Justin

Is there any one, that's not going to be able to make the event with a KOH spot, that we could take over the $ payment? I could also add in a bonus swag package?

Justin
How much room you need Justin? Might be able to squeeze in the spot that me and Zac got. If you don't mind hanging with the Nomad Cruisers trash lol

Justin
Have you called the KOA to see if anything is available? We have had a few cancellations in the last couple of days.
Worth a shot.

How much room you need Justin? Might be able to squeeze in the spot that me and Zac got. If you don't mind hanging with the Nomad Cruisers trash lol
We have 2 confirmed rigs. possibly 3. all 80's! I dont mind!!!!

Have you called the KOA to see if anything is available? We have had a few cancellations in the last couple of days.
Worth a shot.
I have and they are slammed full....

Just beginning the task of getting ready to pack for SAS. The 60 is, I believe, mechanically ready for the drive, after 20 oz of 134a, the A/C is ready. I carry way to much stuff on the roof rack, but when you’re tent camping for 2 for a week, you do what you gotta do.

And here’s what is going on the roof rack:

1. Spare tire, no rim
  2. 2 Jack stands
  3. Jumper cables
  4. Bag of spare engine hoses, maybe some belts
  5. Tent poles in their own bag
  6. 3 gals fuel
  7. Shovel
  8. Hi Lift Jack
  9. Hi Lift red plastic base
  10. Rubber black tire wedge
  11. Green NON Orvis bag: 2 ExPads, ExPad pump, JEM sleep bag
  12. Green ORVIS bag: MRM sleep bag,JEM Filson Jac,
  13. Camp chairs x 2
  14. Camp table x 2
  15. JEM SQUARE ORVIS 2nd bag of xtra clothes
  16. MRM 2nd bag of clothes, rectangle
  17. Very small red bag…vest I think, maybe a jacket tho
  18. Military bag w/JEM Filson rain jacket

237F1792-7D44-4191-8802-C5233A940846.png

Just beginning the task of getting ready to pack for SAS. The 60 is, I believe, mechanically ready for the drive, after 20 oz of 134a, the A/C is ready. I carry way to much stuff on the roof rack, but when you’re tent camping for 2 for a week, you do what you gotta do.

And here’s what is going on the roof rack:

1. Spare tire, no rim
  2. 2 Jack stands
  3. Jumper cables
  4. Bag of spare engine hoses, maybe some belts
  5. Tent poles in their own bag
  6. 3 gals fuel
  7. Shovel
  8. Hi Lift Jack
  9. Hi Lift red plastic base
  10. Rubber black tire wedge
  11. Green NON Orvis bag: 2 ExPads, ExPad pump, JEM sleep bag
  12. Green ORVIS bag: MRM sleep bag,JEM Filson Jac,
  13. Camp chairs x 2
  14. Camp table x 2
  15. JEM SQUARE ORVIS 2nd bag of xtra clothes
  16. MRM 2nd bag of clothes, rectangle
  17. Very small red bag…vest I think, maybe a jacket tho
  18. Military bag w/JEM Filson rain jacket

View attachment 3046180
Do not forget to pack that SOLID AXLE vest!

Thank you Sir!👍 It shall be Front & Center.

A9B3D380-01C6-4DC4-8A8D-761F7E92AD5D.png

So a heads up for the convoy. I just got back from Telluride and HWY 50 is still under construction after Gunnison at the canyon after Blue Mesa. The good news is after 7/5 they will be doing single lane alternating traffic from 0630-1930. If you don't make that time hack, then you get detoured up 92 to Hotchkiss then to Delta right past Proffitt's. The detour will add at least an hour of driving.

So a heads up for the convoy. I just got back from Telluride and HWY 50 is still under construction after Gunnison at the canyon after Blue Mesa. The good news is after 7/5 they will be doing single lane alternating traffic from 0630-1930. If you don't make that time hack, then you get detoured up 92 to Hotchkiss then to Delta right past Proffitt's. The detour will add at least an hour of driving.

Thanks for the heads-up.
Last year it was open to one way traffic on the Weekends. Will really watch it as it gets closer to time.

I have an extra site. Pls Pm me.

Justin

Status?
  • Finish fan shroud
  • Pull fuel module and braze on push on fittings
  • Run new fuel line
  • Run heater hoses
  • Run rad hoses
  • Finish intake
  • Reinstall/reassemble front end
  • Wire up batteries/winch
  • Finish trans cover, reinstall carpet
  • Rebuild rear brakes (stuck cylinder on one side)
  • Run new rear brake line (nicked it getting old crossmember mounts out)
  • Plumb PS lines
  • Run AC lines, evacuate and charge system
  • Wiring - presently have an entire GM harness inclusing fuse block just kinda hangin out in there - We might be rolling out with what I'll call "version 1" of the wire harness 😄
  • Build a new 6 lug trailer type axle to replace the leaky 5 lug truck axle under my trailer
  • Wire in a trailer plug
  • Continue fiddling with tune to make it run more better (can do this on the road too)
  • Hope the rednecks that retubed my rear driveshaft actually balanced it (no weights on it..)
  • Remember the 10 things I forgot to do and work on them in camp.
Busy weekend with 4th of July stuff - but got a few things done. Got some hardline with GM fittings soldered into the pump module. Built a passable fan shroud with some strips of sheetmetal I had laying around and a borrowed spot welder. Built an axle for the trailer.
20220701_223856.jpg
20220701_223831.jpg
20220704_012816.jpg
20220704_013352.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom