FJ40 OEM or like roll bar (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tubing notcher is what is needed.

image_17029[1].jpg

I have an OEM roll bar down here in SoCal sitting in my shed if anyone is looking.

@sokoloka by chance do you still have the roll bar in the shed?
If not, I have a metal tech family cage kit I'm selling - new and unassembled (was going to use it for my off frame resto-mod, but shop the truck is scheduled with only uses their own "in-house" cage).

Here is the aftermarket roll bar; which I think was installed at man-a-fre in 1972.
View attachment 2333433View attachment 2333434

Curious why you think Man-A-Fre installed the roll bar? In 1974 bought a roll bar from Man-A-Fre and it was a Smittybuilt. Mounted to the top of wheel well and the top of the tub. Fairly stout setup. Held up well in 1975 when I slid of an icy road and popped it on to the passenger side hard.
They also sold a kit to space the long jump seats in. The seat spacer setup looks like a home brew.

Curious why you think Man-A-Fre installed the roll bar? In 1974 bought a roll bar from Man-A-Fre and it was a Smittybuilt. Mounted to the top of wheel well and the top of the tub. Fairly stout setup. Held up well in 1975 when I slid of an icy road and popped it on to the passenger side hard.
They also sold a kit to space the long jump seats in. The seat spacer setup looks like a home brew.
I said that because I have all receipts for my 40 back to 1972. I don’t have the one for the roll bar, but the truck saw alot of work at Man-a-fre. Mine had the spacers for the jump seat, which I agree was a bit home brew and slightly bent my jump seats. This is why I’m much happier with the full cage that puts the jump seat back to the stock location.

CCC104CB-3873-4A13-91FF-A733435B59D3.jpeg
7C81674E-F214-405D-AF0D-03ED38D3F7C2.jpeg

I said that because I have all receipts for my 40 back to 1972. I don’t have the one for the roll bar, but the truck saw alot of work at Man-a-fre. Mine had the spacers for the jump seat, which I agree was a bit home brew and slightly bent my jump seats. This is why I’m much happier with the full cage that puts the jump seat back to the stock location.

View attachment 3046256View attachment 3046257

I’m kicking myself for parting with my half decent long jump seats 17 years ago. Unfortunately only hindsight is 20:20. It would fit perfectly with my current family cage and allow seating for 6.

However, the TJ seat will fit like a glove and I’ll never give it another thought once that’s in.

View attachment 3046256View attachment 3046257
What cage do long jump seats fit with? Does the top still fit per usual?

What cage do long jump seats fit with? Does the top still fit per usual?
Its a custom built cage. The hard top should fit, but I haven't tried yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom