COMPLETE front end rebuild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Upon further review...I've decided to replace the ENTIRE front end... All 4 Control Arms, Axles, Inner & Outer Tie Rods, Wheel Bearings, Sway Bar Links(I think that's everything) - I don't want to take it apart again, at least for a looong time. Anyway, I've carefully shopped and bought all GOOD replacement parts. Now I'm looking for suggestions/good method to removing LCAs. I've watched a few vids, looks like the rack needs to be removed, except I'm replacing inner Tie Rods, so I don't think I'll have to do that. ANY help/links to vids would be helpful. I've searched in the 100 series forums, couldn't find anything, but that's kinda' the norm...look and not find/see...
As always, thank you in advance for any and all the help you may have to offer. Not young anymore and recovering from broken neck, from car crash in 9/20. So need all the help I can get.

Lower control arms do not require steering gear removal. Neither does uppers. Or CV Axles (FDS Front Drive Shaft)

Watch @2001LC videos and read his posts. He takes the time to document and post how tos.

Also read the shop manual.

Ottram has good videos too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom