LX470 2004 | Need help with Android Screen (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was just explaining what ive found. It appears that everyone has a different experience so it might work for you?

Thanks. I tried both antennas in the stock radio, but nothing changed other than not getting a signal in the Teyes radio app. From reviewing the full thread again, it looks like you ended up leaving the antenna connected to the Teyes unit and your knobs don't work?

@Otter Firmware up to date? Have you tried factory resetting?
Yes, mine came with the most recent firmware update from Jan 2022. I've tried full reboots several times. Switching canbus to null and resetting it back to LC with reboots in between. Even reviewed every possible canbus setting for other vehicles, but no change.

Not sure if it makes a difference, but this is the back of my stock radio (pic below). Do those with no issues have the same setup? Looks like my issues are the same as @JJ_SC

LC Headunit.JPG

Thanks. I tried both antennas in the stock radio, but nothing changed other than not getting a signal in the Teyes radio app. From reviewing the full thread again, it looks like you ended up leaving the antenna connected to the Teyes unit and your knobs don't work?

Yes, mine came with the most recent firmware update from Jan 2022. I've tried full reboots several times. Switching canbus to null and resetting it back to LC with reboots in between. Even reviewed every possible canbus setting for other vehicles, but no change.

Not sure if it makes a difference, but this is the back of my stock radio (pic below). Do those with no issues have the same setup? Looks like my issues are the same as @JJ_SC

View attachment 3044294
Reboot or Factory Reset? I had to complete two factory resets before mine started working correctly. For a factory reset you have to go to Settings/User/Backup-Reset. Reboot didn't seem to help me at all when I was setting things up.

Reboot or Factory Reset? I had to complete two factory resets before mine started working correctly. For a factory reset you have to go to Settings/User/Backup-Reset. Reboot didn't seem to help me at all when I was setting things up.
Reboots and Factory Resets. Even updated the apks from the Canbus settings page.

OK just making sure - I had the exact same factory radio so I don't understand why mine would work while others don't. Strange.

OK just making sure - I had the exact same factory radio so I don't understand why mine would work while others don't. Strange.

Sounded like you had some similar issues when you first installed? Are your antennas plugged into stock location or just the auto antenna into the Teyes unit? All harness plugs used? New reverse camera?

Just wondering what else might have an effect.

View attachment 3044294
I left mine installed on the teyes unit and use the teyes radio software and dont have hardware working. I dont use the radio so i just left it.

When connected to the factory slot it uses different software and the antenna and hardware work but I only got static.

Has anyone been able to get their AC to show in F and not in C.

My AC shows in F. I think updating the APKs fixed that.

The temp up in the top right corner of the screen still shows in C when it's connected to my wifi at home.

Mine does. I assumed it was the latest firmware that did it, but don't have any way of knowing that for sure.

I want to say that there was an option somewhere buried in settings to set it. I did that, and it didn't take at first, but then just worked one day. Maybe it just needed a full reboot?

I don't even know what an APK is :flush:

My AC shows in F. I think updating the APKs fixed that.

The temp up in the top right corner of the screen still shows in C when it's connected to my wifi at home.

My firmware is up to date. How do you update the APK.

Mine does. I assumed it was the latest firmware that did it, but don't have any way of knowing that for sure.

I want to say that there was an option somewhere buried in settings to set it. I did that, and it didn't take at first, but then just worked one day. Maybe it just needed a full reboot?

Yes, there is a setting to switch it to F. It's in the general settings maybe? I do remember switching that.

I have the firmware update it didnt do it. Ill try rebooting.

Yes, there is a setting to switch it to F. It's in the general settings maybe? I do remember switching that.

Ive already set that and it didnt work.

My firmware is up to date. How do you update the APK.
It's in the canbus settings. Go to the screen where you can choose to go to Canbus or the Teyes app that shows you which Canbus setting to use. Choose Teyes option. At the top on the left, there's a selection that shows how to update apks. It does say "if your system works fine, don't update the apks."

It's in the canbus settings. Go to the screen where you can choose to go to Canbus or the Teyes app that shows you which Canbus setting to use. Choose Teyes option. At the top on the left, there's a selection that shows how to update apks. It does say "if your system works fine, don't update the apks."

Thank you im running outside to try this.

This worked! I have AC in F degrees now.

Sounded like you had some similar issues when you first installed? Are your antennas plugged into stock location or just the auto antenna into the Teyes unit? All harness plugs used? New reverse camera?

Just wondering what else might have an effect.
I have the antenna plugged in to the Teyes unit. I actually had to buy an extension so that I could plug it in because the wire was pretty short.

I got my unit, plugged everything in. Except there was one plug from the car and one plug from the unit that don't fit each other. The Teyes doesn't power-on. If I take the lone plug from the car and plug it back into the OEM head unit, the screen turns on. So I think those two should be connected to each other. I've contacted Teyes.

This is the connector on the Teyes adapter that doesn't take anything.
teyes_connector.jpg

This is the last loose connector from the car which you can see won't fit into the other one.
lx_connector.jpg

I got my unit, plugged everything in. Except there was one plug from the car and one plug from the unit that don't fit each other. The Teyes doesn't power-on. If I take the lone plug from the car and plug it back into the OEM head unit, the screen turns on. So I think those two should be connected to each other. I've contacted Teyes.

This is the connector on the Teyes adapter that doesn't take anything.
View attachment 3046159

This is the last loose connector from the car which you can see won't fit into the other one.
View attachment 3046160
If i remember correctly one of the plugs from the Teyes Harness doesnt connect to anything. Use the common sense approach if the plug fits it goes in it. If not leave it off.

@xswl That connector from the vehicle side goes into a "conversion" connector. See pic below from the link below the picture.

ScreenHunter 1228.jpg

Also, TEYES again updated their website with some additional instructions on getting A/C controls to work with a few options selections and a reboot.

ScreenHunter 1229.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom