RE: Advice from FJ25 'ers' for my 1964 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks good, how challenging is it to install the bug catcher window gasket? I have it on the docket for winter, but haven’t looked closely at it.
Thanks.

I've been most fortunate in my journey thus far with sourcing parts. The honesty and integrity of the Landcruiser community is, for the most part, very honourable.
Until last month!
I was chasing some Steps, in good condition. This was the request to the Landcruiser Wrecker in South Australia.
I was told ' surface rust ' only.

.....Anyway, my Man Bruce fabricated me up a new pair. All sorted.

The chap in South Australia received a Pinnochio Cartoon!
Worthy response I thought.

Those all look factory to me. Not sure what the other option is for the set of three holes to the right of mounting holes, (maybe pto is one option).

Resized_20220804_162321.jpeg

Last edited:
Bottom and front holes are factory. Would there be a factory bumper mount for the engine crank guide?

Yes, he has the crank guide already attached to factory location.

Duh, if I looked closer at the pics it’s pretty obvious it’s there. I need better reading glasses 😂.

Looking really good Andy! Any reason you chose to exit the exhaust on the rear right hand side instead of the left? My Aussie '64 came with the original tailpiece mount and hanger outside the frame on the left side, so I presume it matches the routing on this LHD stock photo -

Screenshot_20220825-201053_Photos.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom