Khamis Mushait FJ45, aka Ms Troopy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Are those Saudi license plates easy to come by and exportable?
Not sure what you mean by easy. It wouldn't be "legal" strictly speaking to remove one but I'm sure they can be had; especially in the junk yards.

Here in the states it is common to be able to purchase old plates as "collectables". Would you have time to snag one for me to add to my growing collection before you return state side? I would, of course, reimburse you for your trouble.

Here in the states it is common to be able to purchase old plates as "collectables". Would you have time to snag one for me to add to my growing collection before you return state side? I would, of course, reimburse you for your trouble.
Not sure I can before I leave but will try to ask some colleagues what, if any, possibilities there are to get one. Eid holiday is here all next week and lots of my guys take off an additional week or so. We are 4 weeks to the day and counting before we leave and I am only in Riyadh on the weekends. My two Land Cruisers are supposed to leave the country with export plates but the photos they sent me from the port doesn't show them on the vehicles. That means they either just threw them into the cab or kept them (or never got them?). I paid the shipping agent to handle getting them out of the Saudi system with the Traffic Police so I wasn't there to make sure I got them.

Roger that! No worries either way. I know, that close to departure, it is going to be very busy!! I look forward to your return, hoping we can actually meet in person eventually. I will be traveling to Troy the weekend of the 7th, to visit my family/family reunion.

Roger that! No worries either way. I know, that close to departure, it is going to be very busy!! I look forward to your return, hoping we can actually meet in person eventually. I will be traveling to Troy the weekend of the 7th, to visit my family/family reunion.
Our daughter and her husband live in Troy. Given they have our two grandchildren, we spend a lot of time there.

Made a day trip to Jacksonville yesterday with one of my sons to pick up the Troopy and the "Beast". I towed the Troopy and he drove the pickup. Made it there and back in 12 hours. Thankfully traffic was light. So glad to have these here!

1656505420295.png

So the day has come, congrats Greg and greetings from Greece!

PS ...and upload more pics, if you have!

Camaro?

Yes. Apparently a very special 69. But it's not mine. Friend is using the space to have a repair done to the transmission. I think the trans is back but he hasn't put it back in yet.

A "very special" 1969 could mean a DZ-block Z-28. I would agree with that.

A "very special" 1969 could mean a DZ-block Z-28. I would agree with that.
"Very special" was my term based entirely on what he apparently has been offered for it. I know it's not an SS (but he has a '69 SS), and I know that something like 8 in this configuration were made. I also know that if you look at it, under it, or in it, it's perfect - like it just left the factory perfect.

Other than that I know it's yellow and in my shop. :D

"Very special" was my term based entirely on what he apparently has been offered for it. I know it's not an SS (but he has a '69 SS), and I know that something like 8 in this configuration were made. I also know that if you look at it, under it, or in it, it's perfect - like it just left the factory perfect.

Other than that I know it's yellow and in my shop. :D

Does it have any of these on the fenders?

Screenshot 2022-06-29 at 16-30-05 3957935 - 1969 Camaro Z28 Front Fender Emblem with Hardware.png

Does it have any of these on the fenders?

No. I should have also said I know it's not a Z28. I believe the value in this one is in the rareness of the configuration and the condition, but the configuration is not one of the well known models (Z28 or SS).

Back to the Troopy. Does anyone know what type of finish, if any, came on the OEM fog light brackets? Mine are rusty and I want to paint or coat them. Almost looks like a black finish of some kind when I search the interwebs.

1656611389855.png

F4C3E48B-DCFE-4FA9-BE93-6A613CF15230.jpeg

Back to the Troopy. Does anyone know what type of finish, if any, came on the OEM fog light brackets? Mine are rusty and I want to paint or coat them. Almost looks like a black finish of some kind when I search the interwebs.

View attachment 3046657

View attachment 3046661

Many years ago bought a set of brackets off mud. Prior to that I was the only bidder on a set fog lights and brackets on eBay. Don't remember the finish being that dark but also do not remember them being plated. Probably be a few weeks until I'm around mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom