Builds 1969 FJ40 named Mavis (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

While I'm not doing a full restoration, I'm getting tired of looking at the rusty frame. So I hit it with some rust converter just for grins.
IMG_20220628_193623968.jpg

A little bird told me my engine will be ready to pick up very soon. Also, funding should break loose in the next few weeks.

“While I’m not doing a full restoration…..” This is how it starts, step away from the rabbit hole while you still can.😂 I can’t imagine Mavis going to a better new home. Keep up the good work!

“While I’m not doing a full restoration…..” This is how it starts, step away from the rabbit hole while you still can.😂 I can’t imagine Mavis going to a better new home. Keep up the good work!
Thanks!

Mavis needs a ton of small parts, as you can imagine, but a 40 that has bones this solid deserves to run again.

Heater hoses are expired, of course, so am planning to replace. Now what the hey is this valve and should I keep it?

View attachment 3045793
Looks like a P.O. installed valve to bleed air out of the system. I would trash it.

Pretty sure those valves were factory, I’ve taken them out of a bunch of 40’s. I’m not sure the exact purpose but useful for burping the system and draining the in cab heater hose lines/heater cores.

120mm: my 69 FJ40 is all original. Heaters have not been modified and have always worked. Let me know if you need photos showing all lines, routing and fittings/connections.

I believe that valve was a shutoff for the rear heater.

That is a T and the stuck off is only for the small line. This valve disappeared when rubber hose were replaced by solid line. The hose come thru high point in the firewall. Rear heater is much lower. The hoses under the seat are even lower. I think it's a drain verses an air bleed. All my years doing HVAC work air bleeds in hot water lines and chilled water lines were at high point were air could cause air lock. I do not remember ever coming across one of these Ts that the small line wasn't plug before the valve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom