Broken Exhaust Manifold Bolt - solutions sought (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So before I plug my old new 2F into my 40 I'm wondering if anyone has any cool tricks to get a broken manifold bolt out. I hadnt' noticed it when I purchased and will be tackling this when I get back from vacation. Thanks in advance

Need more information, where is the broken bolt; can you get at it with a drill bit /extractor / lefthand drill?

A picture of what you're working with would really help narrow down what is needed to fix it.

Engine is currently palletized and I have unfettered access to the bolt. I've looked at different extraction techniques online but wanted to reach out to the 2F experts
I'll get some pics tonite

A good start would be a left hand drill bit. Some stuck bolts will just come out easily after the head snaps off. Be sure to soak first, as mentioned. If you have clear access, I would just drill it with the proper/exact bit and use an EZ-out. But, take your time and study it as you go, so you don't snap off the EZ-out.

Now, does anyone know what size and thread pitch the bolt would be (furthest one back, by the firewall) Block stamp indicates engine is a 78

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom