What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (29 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

They're stuck on the LC. I can't get the nut on the underside of the fender off since they'res nothing to really grab onto for the bolt. If I hold the whole assembly, I assume the plastic will all just break. I'll keep hitting it with PB though.

40yr old plastic gets brittle. 😕 Never-Seeze when you reassemble.

This is the 2nd time I’ve pieced together the TS. At this point they are “Frankenstein-lights”. Hoping the SA metal bases hold up.

Last edited:
Finally got around to putting the hood on Tuesday. Now the funny part and getting it aligned. Any good tips?

F6E8AB30-EAA0-4A68-A1C4-3372B8BE3312.jpeg

2CF5AB70-FDD9-4724-8AB5-1A1F8EE3F865.jpeg

816D4058-83EB-4F87-AE68-21D114AF3509.jpeg

Loosen up the front end sheet metal bolts. Align and tighten bolts back down. Color looks good.

Loosen the fenders, Adjust/slide the bib hinge so the bib aligns with the hood while watching the hood to cowl gap.

Got my fuel gauge working after a long session of tracing wires. That should solve the stalling (running out of fuel!) Problem. Also pulled the speedometer gear sleeve and found out why the speedo isn't working. Need to order a new speedo drive gear. For now a free speedo app is working.

Got the ignition tied back into the keyed switch and removed the toggle switch ignition that, like so many other things on this rig were hacked together by PO's.

Trying to decide if it's worth chasing wiring issues to get turn signals and high beams working (high beams currently turn headlights off?) or if I should just commit and install the Kwik Wire harness I got with the truck.

Installed a custom cut rubber floor mat to cover up the really bad looking but pretty strong floor patches in the drivers area.

And best of all I got it registered and mounted the rear plate so I'm more legal bopping around town.

Having to work hard to avoid project creep as I do one thing and discover four more that need addressing!

Trail cover from Dirtroad tops aka Anchor Stitch (@Julie2006) .

City Racer floor mat. (@Racer65)

Energy Suspension body mounts. Shout out to Energy Suspension’s Scott for taking care of me. I bought the kit from a non approved vendor, it was missing parts, they warrantied it and replaced those items! I cannot believe what a difference it made the ride. I was doubting other’s testimonies. It really is night and day difference! I just wonder how they compare to Daystar with Metric hardware(?).

(@LOPsCruiser)

A975D6B5-8DE5-43F1-BF07-AA0AC845F7DE.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice (and practical) trail cover! Cool rims too!
Pics of the other parts (City Racer floor mat and body mounts)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom