1969 FJ40 Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nothing goes together like a "PBR" in the morning and a chainsaw.... :oops:
That's how we roll out here. PBR for breakfast, real beer for brunch.
20220625_110556.jpg

@ZooTownCruiser

Humble apologies for the semi-highjack... @rkymtnflyfisher and I share a common ancestor somewhere in the past. We need a "Made in FT Benning" sticker I think... :beer:

OK, OK I promise I'll move this to Chit-Chat..

I’m looking at another AT for the grocery getter. I need snow/wet weather rated. The ole Tundra doesn’t see very much ”off road”. The Mule sports an AT3 as well. Although some of the new hybrid designs look promising.

Probably an AT but not opposed to a MT

Maybe one day you can get your 40 up to Lost Trail! M/Ts don't make it a fun drive though!

20220303_123610.jpg
20220310_082209.jpg

I rolled the dice on a set of Falken AT’s for the Tundra and have been pleasantly surprised. Excellent road manners, good even wear, performs great on wet/snow and they didn’t break the bank..

For reference, the tail light iterations. BJT, 25, 40 (not including the different wagon/PU variants)

View attachment 2985136

We stock everything but the top one @ Cruiser Outfitters

Haven't been following along but thought would add a little tech. The FJ25 and first couple of years of the FJ40 used the same.tail lights. Difference is the FJ25 bracket mounted to the tub and FJ40 bracket mounted to the rear frame member like on the FJ40 until 9/73. Some how ended up a member of brackets for the real early FJ40. Spacing to the from is the same as the tail light bracket up the the early 69 when they went to larger tail lights. Later bracket bolts are offset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom