New 300 Series Company Car (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

From what I am reading about the LX600......it has a single top water to air mounted intercooler and not the twin corner ones. Can anyone confirm or deny this???

Seems like you could trim back the bumper quit a bit then if they aren't down there.
It does have two smaller intercoolers mounted behind the small black grills above the right and left foglamps.

It does have two smaller intercoolers mounted behind the small black grills above the right and left foglamps.
I am not saying I don’t believe you. Just trying to find out why there is conflicting info. I have seen somesay the dual cooling systems under the hood. That one is for the radiator and one is for the top mounted air to water intercooler.

Idk

Even trying to look up part diagrams atm.

'low mounted intercooler'
'integrated side steps'
'cameras'
'20" wheels'
'heated and cooled seats'

This is a land cruiser we are talking about?
The intercoolers might be an issue.

The side steps actually dont appear to be integrated into the body and are removable.

Cameras and heated/cooled seats have been on land crusiers here since 2016 at least and Lexus since like 2008.

There is also an 18 in wheel option.

I am not saying I don’t believe you. Just trying to find out why there is conflicting info. I have seen somesay the dual cooling systems under the hood. That one is for the radiator and one is for the top mounted air to water intercooler.

Idk

Even trying to look up part diagrams atm.
I’ll try to take a photo when I get home in my garage. They are there unfortunately.

I’ll try to take a photo when I get home in my garage. They are there unfortunately.
1656439288809.png

Dang OK. Are they air and water cooled then at least? Wondering what the second radiator cap is for then.

But much appreciated for your time.

Thanks

Two month review?

I can't say I am thrilled about the new LX. I would actually be open to selling it possibly. My 570 still gives me that sense of wonder when I get in or when I drive it. Like it did from day one. It currently has 12K miles and the the 22LX has 150, still brand new. But I just don't get the thrill from it. Read below, Something I posted in the other thread:
I own a 21 LX and a 22 LX. (also, a 16 GX, and have had a 4runner and Tundra platinum in the past)

This new LX is certainly made in a more "disposable" manner. The seams (fender to hood, fender to door, door to door) are all slightly wider (2mm). The driver and passenger front door cards are barely held by clips at the top where you would rest your elbow (you can pry them off very easily, there's some play to them). Headliner is thinner, single sun visor per side (and it's flimsy at the clip when you lock it in). It does ride smoother than 21 LX and quieter (due to laminated windows for middle row, which previous model doesn't have, only fronts on that one). But man oh man, when you shut the doors on the 21, it's like a vault, on the 22 it feels cheaper, thinner, etc, but so happy that it has auto-close. The front bumper on the 21 has two horizontal supports (one steel, another is aluminum). On the 22, there's one aluminum bar and the other is a plastic honeycomb. The list goes on, I can make a video of them side by side someday.

Plastics are thinner, carpet pile is thinner. There is less legroom in middle row by almost 4in, it is perceptible (our GX has more middle row space). Slightly less legroom (maybe 1 in) in front, but not as noticeable.

The 21 LX is built better than GX, but this new LX build fit and finish is worse than GX.

Some positive: More power on tap, more nimble on the road and agile in corners, steering very light at slow speeds. Tech is great improvement.

Sad to see Toyota go in this direction.

Thanks for your real world feedback.

Also are we agruing or just discussing?

It’s a vehicle designed for slippery/icy ROADS. Just because it has 4WD and crawl control doesn’t necessarily mean it’s the intended to be driven OFF road.
When you look at the low hung design- it’s clear to almost anyone that it’s not really an off-road vehicle in the traditional sense.
That is not clear at all. Those functions aren't for Icy slippery roads. You don't need crawl control for Icy slippery roads or turn assist. And when you're buying this vehicle in Australia or South Africa or Russia these low-hanging ground effects are going to be a problem anywhere outside of a big city or a modern metropolis. I was in Armenia in 2019 and I saw hundreds of Land Cruisers and Land Cruiser products and they were popular because they could be driven on s***** roads and off pavement. Most people in the world don't have a pay driveway and many don't live on a paved street.

Armenia in 2019
2019 land cruisers are different than the 2022 model. Especially the approach angle.
Anyway, not to create an argument or troll or anything,
A dirt road (in my book) is still a road. Its not “off-road “. It’s usually graded and lower hanging vehicles can usually traverse them pretty easily. Cars too. When I say “off-road” I mean really off-road, like it’s not a road at all. Like a chewed up off-road trail that’s sketchy.

A path leading up to a remote cabin is still a road (trail) in my book which the LC300 could handle fine (and a Subaru too).
But in the end, all someone has to do is LOOK at the low hanging front bumper bits to realize that Toyota didn’t design the LC300 to do much off-road. Dirt roads? Definitely. Off-off road? Nope.

I spotted my first LX variant in the wild this week - I much prefer the rounded off rear compared to the LC version. This one had a badge on the back that said LX350d, so I'm guessing a diesel version, but didn't get a closer look at it....

Lexus LX600.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom