American Toyota discontinued the IH8MUD discount but giving everyone a different discount ! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I used to love their parts dept, sure has gone downhill fast.
I was a loyal customer for over 20 years. Was. Past tense. I still will use them for little stuff. But if it's over $75 I'm going elsewhere.

Update 6/23/22

Apparently Wyatt the parts manager has gone AWOL so the online parts ordering process has been disrupted severely. 🤔
Thanks for the heads up - I have two appreciable orders in that I haven't heard much on. I'll be calling in the morning.

Who are people using instead nowadays?

Thanks for the heads up, I put in an order a week ago and just checked--it never shipped.:bang: I called and asked if we could get the online discount for an in-store order, given the circumstances, but no deal. Will have to order from somewhere else. I used to love their parts dept, sure has gone downhill fast.

Most "deals" after 2020 went away, from what I've seen. For example, even Harbor Freight killed their 20% coupon. Now, every online Toyota parts dealer has some kind of "discount" attached. When they're all like that, it's hard to tell if you're It's actually getting a deal or if the original price is just BS. Also can't order a core part and return the core locally.

Edit - Claremont is one that I called that said I had to ship a core back to them in another state. Apparently it's this way for all of them.

Is this something you must ask for over a phone order, or can parts be ordered online?
Online. You do use a code for the free shipping.

That’s for sure! We didn’t know how well we had it.
Agreed. I used to call American Toyota and ask them what I needed for a certain job/maintenance. Living in Vermont I was predominately a shipping customer but I was able to stop by there once in ~2012 :flipoff2:. Sadly my local Toyota dealer has cemented the fact that they are not a resource for me.

And Ryan when he was at the other one too!

Update! Was just there today getting a couple of filters and Shawn is back from Phoenix and is back as manager. Wyatt I guess walked out and left a disaster. The discount Don gave me was pretty good. Paid 5.41 for a yzzg2 oil filter. Things will probably get better now that Wyatt is gone.

Update! Was just there today getting a couple of filters and Shawn is back from Phoenix and is back as manager. Wyatt I guess walked out and left a disaster. The discount Don gave me was pretty good. Paid 5.41 for a yzzg2 oil filter. Things will probably get better now that Wyatt is gone.
$5.41 is list price. Let's see what happens when Sean gets going.

Claremont Toyota. 30% discount, free shipping over $75.
Claremont Toyota just canceled my order for hatch struts claiming they are hazardous material and cannot be shipped. Called another Toyota dealer and they said the struts are not hazardous material and can be shipped no problem. not too happy about having to place the order again through a different dealer

Claremont Toyota just canceled my order for hatch struts claiming they are hazardous material and cannot be shipped. Called another Toyota dealer and they said the struts are not hazardous material and can be shipped no problem. not too happy about having to place the order again through a different dealer
Claremont can't give me a status on a $125 order from last week, but they sure charged my card. Maybe Wyatt is running Claremont's parts

Placed an order today with American for filters, wiper inserts, ect for local pickup. It went smoothly and received a email confirming the order. Three hours later another email arrives informing me the order has been cancelled and a refund will be issued. No reason given but they did thank me for my business and hope I'll shop again. ¯\_ (ツ) _/¯

Placed an order today with American for filters, wiper inserts, ect for local pickup. It went smoothly and received a email confirming the order. Three hours later another email arrives informing me the order has been cancelled and a refund will be issued. No reason given but they did thank me for my business and hope I'll shop again. ¯\_ (ツ) _/¯
@JLH did American sort this out?
My Claremont order finally arrived. I ordered the wrong part number on one seal, American got it for me in a day and gave me a price break over the phone prolly I sounded exasperated. Good experience, hope it keeps up. I'll give them another chance

Nope, I called them to try and find out what the problem was and the "internet guy" was supposed to call me back. I'm not holding my breath.
I went ahead and placed the same order with Claremont but amazingly, that shows cancelled as well. Talked to the CC people to find out if they declined anything and it all went thru. Seems like everything's broken.

Nope, I called them to try and find out what the problem was and the "internet guy" was supposed to call me back. I'm not holding my breath.
I went ahead and placed the same order with Claremont but amazingly, that shows cancelled as well. Talked to the CC people to find out if they declined anything and it all went thru. Seems like everything's broken.
Agreed…. I guess 65% good is our new normal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom