LX470 2004 | Need help with Android Screen (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone thinking about doing the 360 cameras?

I'm not planning on the 360 as it requires drilling to have them in the right position, but I do plan to have a front camera to help traverse obstacles while overlanding.

No, not really. I did get the AC to work, but not much else. Steering wheel controls did work, but no volume knob on the radio. I could not get the backup camera to work either.

My last email to Teyes was requesting a replacement or a refund. I have not heard back from them. It's been three days. Two weeks of messing with it before that.

I have an '06 Land Cruiser. It seems like maybe the people (person? DMCTX?) who have it working so far have LXs. Hard to imagine that would matter, but who knows?
Thanks for the update. I hope you heard back from them soon and get some type of resolution, whether it be a return and refund or a new unit.

Thanks for the update. I hope you heard back from them soon and get some type of resolution, whether it be a return and refund or a new unit.
Thanks man.

He did get back to me this morning with a return address to send it to. The address is here in the US, so that's good. I think support overall has been fine. He just doesn't have an answer for me.

I really don't know why it has worked for other 06s but not mine. It seems like a handful of people with 06s are trying it now. Hopefully everyone will report back on this thread. That way, we will know if I'm just an outlier or if there are some real compatibility issues.

I just noticed when driving or if there is some movement like a door shutting the rear camera flickers. Does anyone else have this problem or know of a solution? Is it the cheap camera from Teyes or the cheap wires? Connection behind the dash? Bad ground?

Dumb question but isn't a hissing sound on a car stereo from like a bad ground or something? I remember in my early days buying a ground loop isolator as a bandaid to remove the hissing sound.

Dumb question but isn't a hissing sound on a car stereo from like a bad ground or something? I remember in my early days buying a ground loop isolator as a bandaid to remove the hissing sound.
Yes

I just noticed when driving or if there is some movement like a door shutting the rear camera flickers. Does anyone else have this problem or know of a solution? Is it the cheap camera from Teyes or the cheap wires? Connection behind the dash? Bad ground?

Well i fixed it by removing the rear cameras ground. I dont know if its safe running it without a ground but its working great now.

I don’t get this, though. If there is a bad ground, why wouldn’t it hiss when the stock system is set up? It’s specifically a ground wire from the Teyes unit that is bad?

I don’t get this, though. If there is a bad ground, why wouldn’t it hiss when the stock system is set up? It’s specifically a ground wire from the Teyes unit that is bad?
Ground paths are different. But the hiss isnt only caused by ground loop. It could just be a bad device as well. If its installed in another car pre 06 we would know.

An update for those wondering if you should buy one of these. I love mine now that it's all working correctly. I'm very happy and would buy it again.

I see that Teyes has a firmware update, dated January 2022, with previous firmware updates from December 2021, and June 2021 before that.

This is another data point for you all "early adopters" to validate that you are running the latest firmware, or what firmware you are running.

I see that Teyes has a firmware update, dated January 2022, with previous firmware updates from December 2021, and June 2021 before that.

This is another data point for you all "early adopters" to validate that you are running the latest firmware, or what firmware you are running.

That's a good point. That latest update gave me AC controls in ºF instead of Celsius. Maybe fixed some other bugs also?

That's a good point. That latest update gave me AC controls in ºF instead of Celsius. Maybe fixed some other bugs also?
Oh s***! Im going to check this now. I selected F but it still shows in C.

2004 Land Cruiser

Just installed the CC3. AC works fine. Stock reverse camera won't work with this unit, as far as I can tell. Volume knob and tuning knob don't work. Although volume knob will mute radio when you press it. Steering controls work fine. Automatic antenna doesn't work. I have to press the FM button to raise the antenna.

There is a slight hiss from the speakers. Goes away when you turn the tuning knob. It appears there are two radio apps on this unit. I think the hidden one (see pic) is causing the hiss. It can't be tuned.

Going to email Teyes as I think my issues are software related.

Screen is great. I'd love it if the volume knob worked. I can live with the hiss. Barely noticable with the engine off.

PXL_20220625_204654133.jpg

2004 Land Cruiser

Just installed the CC3. AC works fine. Stock reverse camera won't work with this unit, as far as I can tell. Volume knob and tuning knob don't work. Although volume knob will mute radio when you press it. Steering controls work fine. Automatic antenna doesn't work. I have to press the FM button to raise the antenna.

There is a slight hiss from the speakers. Goes away when you turn the tuning knob. It appears there are two radio apps on this unit. I think the hidden one (see pic) is causing the hiss. It can't be tuned.

Going to email Teyes as I think my issues are software related.

Screen is great. I'd love it if the volume knob worked. I can live with the hiss. Barely noticable with the engine off.

View attachment 3043683
The volume knob should work. The radio depends which socket you installed the antenna to. Stock or into the screen itself. In stock slot all the hardware knobs and buttons work but no audio.

If installed into the screen the teyes radio software works and plays radio but tuning knob and other buttons dont work.

The volume knob should work. The radio depends which socket you installed the antenna to. Stock or into the screen itself. In stock slot all the hardware knobs and buttons work but no audio.

If installed into the screen the teyes radio software works and plays radio but tuning knob and other buttons dont work.

Yeah, I know others have had their knob work. I tried the antennas in the stock radio, but no dice.

If there's no audio with antennas in the stock location, how is that better?

Yeah, I know others have had their knob work. I tried the antennas in the stock radio, but no dice.

If there's no audio with antennas in the stock location, how is that better?

I was just explaining what ive found. It appears that everyone has a different experience so it might work for you?

@Otter Firmware up to date? Have you tried factory resetting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom