What have you been doing with your Toyota? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ringing rocks is always good 🍥
334E3AFC-4B8C-42F7-8FF4-E05D8B9CF365.jpeg

Not technically "my Toyota", but a rental Taco. I managed to squeeze a trail ride in while I was working in Nevada. This is just outside of Virginia City/Reno. Nice trail over the mountains with a few creek crossings ending in an OHV sand dune area.

PXL_20220605_221901880.jpg

PXL_20220605_222632992.jpg

PXL_20220605_223356019.jpg

PXL_20220605_230801142.MP.jpg

Drove the Lexus up to red lodge for dinner. Watched yuge trees getting washed away all night, had to go the long way out from the camp site.
67674147699__69EA7945-9FF1-49A7-A713-AB242F9470E7.JPG
IMG_5249.JPG
y

A great request by the wife to swing up to Cataract Lake last Thursday. Almost froze my feet off getting in. Then I wanted to flex test the stock pickup and went up Flathead pass on Sunday with a buddy and his family. Definitely a good amount of traffic. Saw a couple of 80's. I didn't capture any pics...too busy just staring. We missed the rain but was a lil chilly up there.
VideoCapture_20220617-093257.jpg
20220619_115436.jpg

A great request by the wife to swing up to Cataract Lake last Thursday. Almost froze my feet off getting in. Then I wanted to flex test the stock pickup and went up Flathead pass on Sunday with a buddy and his family. Definitely a good amount of traffic. Saw a couple of 80's. I didn't capture any pics...too busy just staring. We missed the rain but was a lil chilly up there.
View attachment 3039365View attachment 3039366
Ha! I totally saw you guys, drove by with my kids in black 80 with old ass RTT. I stopped a ways below and locked the hubs. Awesome weather for fathers day!

cruiser.jpg

Last edited:
HAHA, that is awesome! Yep that was me just standing there and staring :)

It was definitely an enjoyable way to spend farther's day.

View attachment 3039365View attachment 3039366
I love that Yota pickup.... I have so many good memories in the Yota pickups and first gen 4runners.

Drove the Lexus up to red lodge for dinner. Watched yuge trees getting washed away all night, had to go the long way out from the camp site.View attachment 3032885View attachment 3032887y
I like the ditch light setup you have going here. Makes me wonder if it's worth mounting mine on my roof or maybe this is just as good. Did you just pop a hole in the bumper and mount em right up?

I like the ditch light setup you have going here. Makes me wonder if it's worth mounting mine on my roof or maybe this is just as good. Did you just pop a hole in the bumper and mount em right up?
this is the optimal placement for "ditch lights" IMO. they illuminate the area right out the driver window into the ditch and are hidden behind the bull bar. Not like those stoooopid ditch lights you see on the 5G runners that are trendy these days. behind the bar for protection from getting ripped off on branches or anything. forward facing flood lights on the roof are pointless because they cant angle down enough and just put a glare on your hood. I have roof lights on my FJC but they are facing to the sides and facing down alot. welcome to my ted talk.

And the lights were just mounted in a hole that was drilled into the ARB.

this is the optimal placement for "ditch lights" IMO. they illuminate the area right out the driver window into the ditch and are hidden behind the bull bar. Not like those stoooopid ditch lights you see on the 5G runners that are trendy these days. behind the bar for protection from getting ripped off on branches or anything. forward facing flood lights on the roof are pointless because they cant angle down enough and just put a glare on your hood. I have roof lights on my FJC but they are facing to the sides and facing down alot. welcome to my ted talk.

And the lights were just mounted in a hole that was drilled into the ARB.
Copy that, agreed with all of your concepts. People get a little out of control with lighting now a days. Shoot I can just stick my flashlight out the window and see a lot =]

Coming soon.... Never thought I'd be that guy with all this fancy crap that isn't necessary. But the 100 hasn't died yet and here we are... Used to just throw all the gear on the roof strap it down and move on. Now i'll be doing the same thing with just a little more style.

1656090418035.png

Very cool spot....I've never been able to commit to an awning , you picture kinda shows why, as the sun just moves right around it.
All about placement and thinking ahead... Sun is in the east, that is 9 am, by noon you have all of the shade as the sun goes west. By far the best under 200$ mod on my truck, it's been on there for about 8 years at this point and gets deployed almost every trip out. Fantastic for sun, and rain, just stake it down good before the wind comes

Last edited:
Very cool spot....I've never been able to commit to an awning , you picture kinda shows why, as the sun just moves right around it.
Get into an unexpected rain/snow day and they really shine. How many folks did we fit under my awning a few years ago at Goose Lake? Maybe 8? Way better than sitting in the rain or the vehicle again. For sun, you're spot on, the shade is always on the run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom