TLC on UsedVictoria thread... (ongoing) (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not sure who built it, but I do remember you tossing around this idea at one time. Sort of neat to see it realized.
Yeah, it seemed like a good way to get LHD, and newer than 1700's suspension technology at the same time.

I was actually close to buying one in Seattle one point, but the hassle of it all got too much and I passed.

I also wouldn't have minded a 70 series. Bj70, or 74. They'd be a hoot with the 12ht in them.

An espresso I.V. got me LHD tho, so now I don't know if I'd want the 80 complications. 1700's suspension is good enough.

Although a better set of seats wouldn't be bad. :lol:

Think the guy's name was Sheldon who did the 80 with 12ht. The "s" of g&s.

So certainly had access to the right parts if it's the same truck.

Yeah, it seemed like a good way to get LHD, and newer than 1700's suspension technology at the same time.

I was actually close to buying one in Seattle one point, but the hassle of it all got too much and I passed.

I also wouldn't have minded a 70 series. Bj70, or 74. They'd be a hoot with the 12ht in them.

An espresso I.V. got me LHD tho, so now I don't know if I'd want the 80 complications. 1700's suspension is good enough.

Although a better set of seats wouldn't be bad. :lol:

Think the guy's name was Sheldon who did the 80 with 12ht. The "s" of g&s.

So certainly had access to the right parts if it's the same truck.

You're well setup now having done the LHD thing. Just some occasional rust repair and you'll be good to go for a long time.

I regret not buying that green HDJ81 manual trans that was for sale for ~$16k a couple years ago in Vancouver. In retrospect that was a steal. Towing my camper would be so easy with something like that. If same deal came today I'd go for it.

I put this on a fbook group and guy contacted me literally 10 seconds after I posted. He's picking it up tonight apparently on his trailer.

Buddy is parting most of it out as he just wants frame down stuff. Firewall back most things are interchangeable with all 70 series. So maybe someone needs a part....

286388014_10160353545596303_4943170144377893765_n.jpg
286410954_10160353545631303_1136407938761325290_n.jpg

Buddy is parting most of it out as he just wants frame down stuff. Firewall back most things are interchangeable with all 70 series. So maybe someone needs a part....
You should remove the plastic claddng on yours and look hard at exactly what you need. Then go mark it out with a Sharpie and see if
he'd be willing to cut those pieces out for you, It does look pretty clean that rear LH corner. You could maybe cut out that rocker piece thats
perforated on yours, and just cut and weld in a better quality piece for not too much.

You should remove the plastic claddng on yours and look hard at exactly what you need. Then go mark it out with a Sharpie and see if
he'd be willing to cut those pieces out for you, It does look pretty clean that rear LH corner. You could maybe cut out that rocker piece thats
perforated on yours, and just cut and weld in a better quality piece for not too much.

I should go have a closer look. I know the rocker was not good on it (rust bubbling up from inside), but rear corners might be better for sure. I want mirrors and a few other odds and ends. Might take trans and split t-case as a spare for mine if he parts with for a decent price too.

I should go have a closer look. I know the rocker was not good on it (rust bubbling up from inside), but rear corners might be better for sure. I want mirrors and a few other odds and ends. Might take trans and split t-case as a spare for mine if he parts with for a decent price too.
It's possible I'll have a welder for sale soon...:lol:

I should buy the whole thing and toss in my spare 3B 5 speed. Oh never mind, its already mostly spoken for. DOH!

I should buy the whole thing and toss in my spare 3B 5 speed. Oh never mind, its already mostly spoken for. DOH!
Interior was pretty nasty from rats and blackberries living in it. I've seen pretty nice examples of lj78s with bum motors come up every now and then for pretty cheap. Better to hold out for something nicer if you're going to effort of a swap. Coils make for a nice ride, and a B series motor would be sweet!

6110AFDC-5FEE-49E1-A359-BC30C2D014C8.jpeg
881B705E-AB6E-47A2-8596-B97A848CC523.jpeg
C8F0DD94-9CF7-4773-948E-9E28A56F788F.jpeg

FBMP

Manifold and Turbo and stuff $400

Edit @stevenbradford missed the price

Last edited:
Emailed!!! Hopefully Im headed to Victoria today?

He's taking bids as there are tons of us geeks frothing over this.

Last edited:
Pretty sure that is the manifold I built for my old 60 and the turbo I had on it. Worked great. Seems funny to pull if for a ct26... curious how the truck looks (silver fj60 with 3b swap) if anyone goes to check it out.

IMG_0241_zps13cfbd36.jpg

hey guys moving over from aus next month.
Looking for a 60, 80 or 105 in decent condition. Would prefer a diesel but open to an fz.
pm me if you're thinking of selling soon.
cheers
pic of my troopy

289990419_1448940018867535_3398102319126291708_n.jpg

Check Craigslist.com - Vancouver Kijiji.com - British Columbia

I had another $40K offer today on my 88 BJ74 and turned down $32K for my 60 just over a month ago.
Happy hunting.

Check Craigslist.com - Vancouver Kijiji.com - British Columbia

I had another $40K offer today on my 88 BJ74 and turned down $32K for my 60 just over a month ago.
Happy hunting.

:woot:

I’m not sure if I’d turn down 40k for my 40 series. I’ve got a lot more plans for mine, but that’s a lot of coin. I’ve seen Landcruisers listed for that kind of coin, which is one thing, but it’s a far cry from them selling for those prices.

I’m feeling old and tired today, and it sometimes feels like I’ll never get it working right again. I know there are only a couple things left to troubleshoot… but I’d like to be driving it rather than fixing it.

That said I’ve got two sons with their eye on it, and they’d never forgive me.

Anyways, enough of a high jack… good luck with your search.

hey guys moving over from aus next month.
Looking for a 60, 80 or 105 in decent condition. Would prefer a diesel but open to an fz.
pm me if you're thinking of selling soon.
cheers
pic of my troopy

View attachment 3044135

$20k diesel

I've seen a lot of cruisers sitting on market for months and prices dropping. Decent ones with 12ht, 1hdt etc. I think some price corrections are coming. Along with all vehicles, houses etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom