Which LX600 for potholes and washboard dirt roads? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

I need to get in line with for an LX600, so will have to make some decisions with limited information and no test drives.

I have a home on a heavily pot holed road in a ski resort area, imagine terrible roads in the summer with lots of washboarding on loose fill roads, and then potholes throughout the year. I think I already know to get 18 inch wheels, but which trim level should I opt for? I am willing to wait for up to 18 months, but out of priniple, refuse to pay $1 more than MSRP.

Thanks in advance

I have ordered an LX600 base without AHC but with 18” wheels. I have owned an LX570 and drove on corrogated roads and absolutely hated the ride no matter what the setting. Im now trying to match the setup of my current 200 so going the simple route.

We’ll see if I take delivery when my vehicle finally comes available in late 2023/early 2024. If delayed too long I’m going to just keep the 200.

I was thinking about getting the base as well. Late 2023 is about as long as I am willing to wait. I have an LC 100 now. I am debating getting a 2018-2021 LX570, anything I should stay away from if I am concerned about bad roads?

The LX600 in any trim should be fine on fairly rough dirt roads. Where the more aerodynamic models will be challenged is when driving off a graded dirt road due to their low hanging front bits

I think the biggest impact to your ride will be the wheels. I have the 22” Luxury trim, I have only logged 1,000 miles, but they are better than I thought.

I will still likely buy a set of 18” and put a more aggressive tire like a Duratrac for the winter, but the 22” rides a lot smoother on the LX, than the 20” wheels on my G wagon ride.

I've got a base model LX600, and found the ride to be much better than an F-sport that I test drove prior to purchase. I live in rural MS, and have lots of rough roads to drive on. The base model is perfect, absorbs all the bumps while still maintaining good control.

I think the biggest impact to your ride will be the wheels. I have the 22” Luxury trim, I have only logged 1,000 miles, but they are better than I thought.

I will still likely buy a set of 18” and put a more aggressive tire like a Duratrac for the winter, but the 22” rides a lot smoother on the LX, than the 20” wheels on my G wagon ride.
I think your G wagon has sport tires which would contribute a lot to the harsher ride than the LXs 22s. Great stable btw!

I think your G wagon has sport tires which would contribute a lot to the harsher ride than the LXs 22s. Great stable btw!
Thanks, yeah the g550 has Scorpions in the summer and blazzaks in the winter. I would say the scorpions are more sporty tire.

Even still, the 22s on the LX really impressed me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom