Baby blue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well it sure is nice to get the top off but now I have more work ahead of me. I just picked up a pint of Toyota sky blue to finish up the tub sills, top of the front window frame and bottom of the hard top sills. Sure is nice to have the vitamin D on your face and wind in your hair...

SUPER STOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_0868[1].JPG

IMG_0869[1].JPG

IMG_0871[1].JPG

Have you folded the windshield frame and looked at the condition of the metal under the gasket?

The easy and sketchy way to take off your Landcruiser top.

View attachment 3042521

View attachment 3042522

Couple thoughts…
1) be certain the latches on your kickout windows are fully latched. I had my kickout windows partially open when I had some helpers lift it off. In the process one of them pushed the window closed… when we lifted the roof off, it snapped the latch when it bumped the roll bar. Unless Steve has a spare window latch, there may not be any.

2) I’d lift both sides up and slip a scrap of lumber between the top and the 1/4s before hoisting it off… I’d hate to see what would happen to a hardtop if something caught while lifting it off with a loader. Although I’m sure you’ve considered it, someone else might copy your idea after having a few, and fold their top in 1/2.

Have you folded the windshield frame and looked at the condition of the metal under the gasket?
I have not but now I will. I will paint it as well. Thanks for the tips.

Couple thoughts…
1) be certain the latches on your kickout windows are fully latched. I had my kickout windows partially open when I had some helpers lift it off. In the process one of them pushed the window closed… when we lifted the roof off, it snapped the latch when it bumped the roll bar. Unless Steve has a spare window latch, there may not be any.

2) I’d lift both sides up and slip a scrap of lumber between the top and the 1/4s before hoisting it off… I’d hate to see what would happen to a hardtop if something caught while lifting it off with a loader. Although I’m sure you’ve considered it, someone else might copy your idea after having a few, and fold their top in 1/2.
Hahaha! "after having a few". This cruiser is built half cut. Maybe closer to full cut.

Stock and heavily modified. Greencruisers FJ40 is a beast!

IMG_0873[1].JPG

IMG_0875[1].JPG

Cool looking rig, I'd like to see more of it. I've got fender skirts just like his. I never got around to bending up the tubing I have to make a set fenders like his. I may yet... for now the crack whore fenders are covering the front wheels.

Marcus, aka "greencruiser" on IH8mud has an old build thread on it. He has been on stealth mode since but is a major cruiser dude. We grew up together and fell in love with cruisers at the same time. I will see if I can find the link.

Last edited:
Cj5 license plate tho...ouch :lol:
Hahaha! For a cruiser guy that's rock bottom for sure. lol. Good eye! Hopefully your discovery doesn't lead him to suicidal thoughts.

Last edited:

There it is. A serious rock eating machine.

Ahhhh much better. The sills are in excellent condition. Same with the bottom of the hard top. Floor pans are going to be the last of the fabricating to do. But for now its all pleasure baby! Cruising with free fuel, ahhh life is good!

IMG_0882[1].JPG

IMG_0880[1].JPG

IMG_0878[1].JPG

Maybe I should slap a stereo in the cruiser today?

So I found a Clarion 24 volt stereo for $250 dollars. Unless you guys have any better tips for a 24 volt system then I will lean that way.

It's not loud enough in there? :lol:
Its actually pleasantly quiet as there are no exhaust leaks and the muffler works pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom