Events/Trails LCDC8 Official Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I like the white bumper… ARB Summit? Mine is black and I’d love to match it to my Blizzard Pearl.
Is this paint or powder coat? Did it come like this from ARB?
Eric Sarjeant’s team wet painted it for me prior to pickup. They are awesome to work with.

The color match IMHO helps pull it all together and the extra deer 🦌 protection is critical where we live.

Eric Sarjeant’s team wet painted it for me prior to pickup. They are awesome to work with.

The color match IMHO helps pull it all together and the extra deer 🦌 protection is critical where we live.

9781C722-ABCC-4CEA-9DEC-43E77C08E3FC.jpeg

Remember this is the LCDC thread. We do have a 200 chat thread. A little chat is ok, but don't overtake the thread

What day is everyone showing up in Breckinridge and when are the opening festivities? Just trying to decide how much time we have to sight see on the way up.

What day is everyone showing up in Breckinridge and when are the opening festivities? Just trying to decide how much time we have to sight see on the way up.
We’ll be there Sunday

We’re planning on an evening kickoff on Monday night. Trails will be Tue-Wed-Thur. Personally, we're getting in Monday afternoon from Ouray (can't go to CO without hitting the hot springs) and will pre-run something on Monday.

We will get there Saturday. Interested pre-running something with other 200's. Also, will be heading to Ouray after the event on Friday morning. Would like to meet up with others to run a few trails there. Heading back to KC Sunday.

No email yet (I checked junk)

Any old pros that can comment on the relative difficulty of red/blue/green in a way that can help a new first timer decide what to try for?

I'm on 34s with a 2-1/2" lift, good armor (skids, sliders, front and rear bumpers) but not a highly experienced off-roader.

I've taken three I4WDTA instructor led courses (two different advanced), and know my way around recovery enough to be useful in an incident.

With the way we rate things out here, I am most comfortable with 3/5 trails, do an occasional 4/5, especially if I can follow the line of someone experienced, and avoid 5/5 (body damage expected) trails. I prefer terrain that is more technical than the typical fire roads. ...But am not a rock crawler by any stretch of the imagination.

I'll be in the middle of a 3+ week Western loop with my teenage son and will need the rig for activities for the balance of the trip and then the trek back east at the end, so I need to keep it on four wheels and minimize body damage.
3F91635A-FE8A-44BC-AC86-9771A0DE14AC.jpeg

Last edited:
Any old pros that can comment on the relative difficulty of red/blue/green in a way that can help a new first timer decide what to try for?

I'm on 34s with a 2-1/2" lift, good armor (skids, sliders, front and rear bumpers) but not a highly experienced off-roader.

I've taken three I4WDTA instructor led courses (two different advanced), and know my way around recovery enough to be useful in an incident.

With the way we rate things out here, I am most comfortable with 3/5 trails, do an occasional 4/5, especially if I can follow the line of someone experienced, and avoid 5/5 (body damage expected) trails. I prefer terrain that is more technical than the typical fire roads. ...But am not a rock crawler by any stretch of the imagination.

I'll be in the middle of a 3+ week Western loop with my teenage son and will need the rig for activities for the balance of the trip and then the trek back east at the end, so I need to keep it on four wheels and minimize body damage.
View attachment 3043980
Hey @CharlieS, I think our rigs are similar. I'm rolling on 33s. I am planning on Red Cone, though will potentially adjust pending pre-runs/scouting reports. Here is a video I found. Doesn't look too bad but conditions change year to year. Video shoes a Taco on 32's doing fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom