Impex is LEGIT 4 new AHC globes. Door To Door from Japan, less than 2 weeks (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Can someone post the PN for the bleeder screws as well?
AHC Bleeder Valve.jpg

Last edited:
Nice to know! I didn't order the springs because the description was in Japanese but will research more and most likely order in the next day or so. Total for 4 accumulators was 456 and change plus shipping!
06-07 LC AHC springs are on back order by the way. It gave me an estimate of 7/15/22 but arrived 3 weeks after order.

If the model you’re looking for is on back order, you’d probably order the springs and wait for it to show up at the warehouse before ordering globes so you don’t run out of the free storage period on the earlier if you intend to consolidate all items. Not sure what’s the hard number but it’s probably 7 days.

It works just like any forwarding service with an integrated parts catalog.

Ordered 4 globes from Impex for about $600 USD. Received them in 7 days! Installed in a couple of hours.

Ordered last Friday (6/17) and delivered by FedEx today (6/24) to my house. Legit one week from ordering to delivery. Easy peasy to order and follow the website directions and email notifications for additional payments.

4 Globes: $479.73
Shipping: $96.79
Additional Shipping: $2.48
Total: $579.00

My 99'LX was flushed but still bouncy. Bubbles in new fluid during the flush. So, looking forward to seeing what these do.

No special packaging. Just 4 globe boxes in one larger box.
tempImage0qFLbg.png

Each globe is bubbled wrapped with a plastic cap. So, its pretty well protected for the international trip.
tempImageHJKADF.png

I was curious about the o-ring. Some threads said I would have to order it separate. Based on what I see, new ones come with the o-ring and already greased up and ready to go.
tempImageUcFcKr.png

Hell yea! How’s the ride quality? Noticeable difference?
Well, it's hard to say, probably because I'm running AT tires. I was expecting a larger difference than I am feeling, but I have not checked the pressures. I did the grad test before I swapped them and got 8 marks. Then all of a sudden I was getting an AHC pressure code and I was down 1/2 liter of AHC fluid with no noticeable leak. I figured one of the globes had failed. I drained fluid with only about 3K miles on it. It looked like carbonated latte. All four of the old globes looked fine inside and passed the "pencil test." At least I now have peace of mind.

Those of you replacing globes - you’ll notice the benefits much more if you pair it with lower bushing and upper cushion replacement at the same time!

Those of you replacing globes - you’ll notice the benefits much more if you pair it with lower bushing and upper cushion replacement at the same time!
Those bushings are on my to do list. I already replaced my globes/rear springs and finally raised my front hub to fender to 19.75 (it's been at 19.5" since I bought it in 2017) after I got new cv's last year.

RIGHT!!... You did all the hard work by hand and then the easy part with the hammer drill! I know I sat there and worked mine from the beginning with the hammer drill and was freaking out because I was like 10 minutes in and it had barely moved. Remember what the guys said about the "point of no return" so took a quick break then went back at it. After that it was literally hitting it from both sides for a few seconds and the thing just about fell out. Literally stopped the clock and almost called the game at 11:59 when I was just looking for 12:00.

I concur, I have and its impressive, for about 83% of what I wheel (in low range). Need something for the other 17%. (and, yes, a winch is not off the table too). The Aussie lockers are a really great value, if available for the UZJ100 platform

Just a note, if you were thinking about putting Rock Warriors on your truck. The trim rings from Toyota are now over $200 EACH. If you trash one, or you buy a set that needs one, you will get bent over. This is across the line from all Toyota dealerships and online sellers. Think twice before you buy Rock Warriors unless you're using them on a trail rig. If you have them on your rig for looks, consider taking the rings off before you wheel your truck. They're just too valuable to damage right now. Honestly, if I known that, I wouldn't have bought a set.

I received a partial refund email with no mention of amount and items. I email'd Eric and he couldn't figure it out from my email with order number. He needed my name, I sent him my name and he figured out the refund was for coolant. I received my order about a week later with some items missing. I have email'd him twice and still Those of you replacing globes - you’ll notice the benefits much more if you pair it with lower bushing and upper cushion replacement at the same time!
Anyone have those part numbers handy, for the upper and lower bushings. Thank you from those of us that are a little unsure when we research

Well, it's hard to say, probably because I'm running AT tires. I was expecting a larger difference than I am feeling, but I have not checked the pressures. I did the grad test before I swapped them and got 8 marks. Then all of a sudden I was getting an AHC pressure code and I was down 1/2 liter of AHC fluid with no noticeable leak. I figured one of the globes had failed. I drained fluid with only about 3K miles on it. It looked like carbonated latte. All four of the old globes looked fine inside and passed the "pencil test." At least I now have peace of mind.

FWIW, globes have nothing at all to do with pressures. Nothing at all. It's a common misconception because the globes are pressurized, but the system pressure and globe pressures are completely independent. Globe pressures are not measured and your system has no idea if your globes are flat or full. It knows hydraulic pressure though...

Worth repeating: Globes and system pressures are completely unrelated. Replacing globes does nothing at all to help a pressure code.

If you're getting a pressure code you need to adjust the torsion bars and perhaps the rear springs. Torsion bars are free and easy so start there. :)

FWIW, globes have nothing at all to do with pressures. Nothing at all. It's a common misconception because the globes are pressurized, but the system pressure and globe pressures are completely independent. Globe pressures are not measured and your system has no idea if your globes are flat or full. It knows hydraulic pressure though...

Worth repeating: Globes and system pressures are completely unrelated. Replacing globes does nothing at all to help a pressure code.

If you're getting a pressure code you need to adjust the torsion bars and perhaps the rear springs. Torsion bars are free and easy so start there. :)
Thank you, suprarx7nut, I learn something new here everyday. Checking the pressures and adjusting torsion bars, etc., is a project for another day (soon). I'll do a deep dive on here before I start that project.

The code has since not come back, and the truck does raise and lower more smoothly now. It was pretty jerky and uneven before, so that's something.

Amayama and Impex no longer ship AHC fluid as it is labelled hazmat. Partsouq does and they’d include the MSDS to get these shipped.

Amayama and Impex no longer ship AHC fluid as it is labelled hazmat. Partsouq does and they’d include the MSDS to get these shipped.
Partsouq charges a pretty penny to ship them, however. Came out costing more than ordering from mcgeorge toyota. Even adding them onto a big partsouq order

Amen!!

Partsouq charges a pretty penny to ship them, however. Came out costing more than ordering from mcgeorge toyota. Even adding them onto a big partsouq order
I ordered 4 cans from Mcgeorge, 4 cans from partsouq as it seemed like AHC fluid’s on national back order but both showed up. Mcgeorge stopped shipping these a week after I received mine.

All my local dealerships are citing NLA/National back order or are charging close to $100 if they have some of these on shelves.

If you don't mind slower shipping of Japan mail to USPS you can get these globes from Motors Head Japan .. it can take 2 weeks or so if you go this route but shipping cost should be substantially cheaper.

Be sure to checkout with Yen to avoid any Paypal currency conversion fees

$440.28 USD + shipping... it will be cheaper if you don't use Fedex

Also some AHC fluid from vendors on eBay.. for those that don't know this is also used in the KDSS equipped LC and GXs.

PN: 08886-01805

91_ktszrnel_sx679__00e052fb4abdba487cb9cf99fe6c13490b26809e.jpg

If you don't mind slower shipping of Japan mail to USPS you can get these globes from Motors Head Japan .. it can take 2 weeks or so if you go this route but shipping cost should be substantially cheaper.

That's a nice find - 2.75% cheaper than Impex and cheaper shipping. About how much is shipping for 4 globes through the postal services?

Thank you all for sharing experiences with the impex. There is no way in hell I would be adventurous enough to order from them if I hadn't have the step by step guidance. They packaged very well and delivered really fast. It took one week for them to get the orders together, 2 days to get shipping price paid/adjusted and 2 days to get to me in So cal. The best deal I got from them was strut top for my prius for $37 compared to $90 from online dealer. It only added a few bucks to the shipping cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom