Am I an idiot for selling my 100 for a new defender? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve owned a new RR velar. Will never drive a RR again…. Software issues, dead battery in the first month, trunk button didn’t function randomly, “coolant level low” warning after dealer topped it off, list goes on… RR makes the best looking cars. Most likely you will enjoy the defender for a while and then decide you miss the Landcruiser and try to find another one to rebuild. Good luck with the decision!

The TFL (The Fast Lane Truck) guys on Youtube bought one and it had major issues after a week. Rover swapped a new one for them, which also had major issues after a few days. The third one in a month worked well. Don't know if that truck is still doing well after that as I haven't seen their update videos lately. I'd guess if the TFL guys were not famous Youtubers, they'd have an even worse ownership experience 😂

I’ve owned a new RR velar. Will never drive a RR again…. Software issues, dead battery in the first month, trunk button didn’t function randomly, “coolant level low” warning after dealer topped it off, list goes on… RR makes the best looking cars. Most likely you will enjoy the defender for a while and then decide you miss the Landcruiser and try to find another one to rebuild. Good luck with the decision!

Doug Demuro became a millionnaire by making fun of his RR 😂

While I might consider purchasing a non-LC/LX vehicle, the only way that a 100 series is leaving my driveway, is by being totaled or stolen…

From my perspective, you’ve made a mistake, then again, I hang out on IH8MUD, and drive obsolete vehicles.

Best of luck!

Um yeah….

Why in the world would you even speak such a name as Land whatever,

Please advise me, I’m a Service Writer of 18 yeara with Honda/Acura and BMW. Pretty much anyone in the service industry knows Land Rovers are um, (be polite) not desirable at all plain and simple. Yes they have a following like all makes and models do but the only folks who drive them are trying to show off or something.

What am I missing?

Obviously you don't wheel the hundy so go with whatever floats your boat. Hope the old one finds a good home.

Mama told me to always never say anything unless it was nice.
I like the graphics and wheels on your 100.

BTW, how much trade in did you get?
Also around here new cars especially SUVs and Trucks are going for MSRP plus thousands more.

This really should be chat
Zackly. I have had several less benign and much less disturbing threads tossed.

(That is more in jest than real concern, btw)

Mama told me to always never say anything unless it was nice.
I like the graphics and wheels on your 100.

BTW, how much trade in did you get?
Also around here new cars especially SUVs and Trucks are going for MSRP plus thousands more.

I still have the 100 listed for sale on here. I’m a director at a Land Rover store so I will get a deal on it 😜

I still have the 100 listed for sale on here. I’m a director at a Land Rover store so I will get a deal on it 😜
Reading between the lines, you gotta show you drive what you sell. Your job depends on it. 😁😁

I didn't read all the posts, but yes, especially if you intend to take it off road on more than forest service roads.

I've personally owned two Disco II's both had been in my family since new and one made it 18 years. Other family members have owned Disco I's, D90's, LR 3's and Range Rovers. Of the lot, the Disco I and D90 are the only ones I'd consider owning today and even their build quality and reliability couldn't touch Toyota.

My Disco II that made it 18 years went through 3 transmissions and two engines. Including a bad transmission straight from the factory. My other Disco II was on its second engine when I sold it.

I love Rovers. They're unique and very cool vehicles, especially the older ones, but build quality and reliability isn't there for me. I'd rather take a chance on a first year Ineos Grenadier once they're released than a LR product.

All that said, good luck with your new Defender! They are an intriguing vehicle!

My Rutland Red '00 Disco II. 2" RTE lift with 265/75r16 Cooper ST's. Home made front bumper. As much as I love my LC, I miss the hell out of this one.

AC61A892-A36F-463A-968D-50C53A1B32F5.png

Last edited:
If you could, I'd say keep your 100 as a secondary vehicle. Looks like you have the opportunity to trade them in twice a year, which means they will be well under warranty during your ownership, so the repair costs would be minimum.

Not sure why you'd buy a new Defender when you can get a new Grenadier soon.

1656527356854.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom