Unobtainium (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@ToyotaMatt if anyone would have it, I would think it'd be you... I got nothing, don't even know if such a thing exists...lol

oh .........

if this is Unicorn Hunter Special Forces Black ops. Mission Unobtainium NOS Request ......

Please PM me and you can sign the release forms , so a can get it or them out of the NON-USA FAR-AWAY parts stable that's locked up tight and only i have the

SST factory CODE cut machine
Cold Climate / Arctic Spec./ Frigid Zone OEM master key set to 🥶

90999-00104

90099-00104 1.jpeg

1652347456947.png

View attachment 3006758
I believe this is the knob in question @ToyotaMatt

Do you have a model this came off of? Sure it's not just a standard shift knob that's been covered with leather. Guess could be off a 60 series GX or VX from another market. Just never seen one.

This is the correct shift knob for the 40 series. I would straighten the RHD bend in the H55F BJ42RV shift cane I have if this was still available verses the 60 series style.
IMG_20210113_200700817.jpg

Five speed leather shift knobs are fairly cheap.
Here is one on eBay for under $20 and taking offers for less.

That leather knob reminds me of the one I replaced in my HZJ77 with a newer but slightly different 80 series OEM knob. I didn't know the one I took off was OEM so thankfully I saved it as it is still in good condition.

Original:

knob.PNG

Would be interesting to know what they did on the factory 5-speeds, I ended up with a CruiserCrap ball…hated the rubberized Toyota ball 😕 It feels right in your hand for a 40 anyway …

Tucker

View attachment 3013912

Toyota was not using any leather cover shift knob on the H55F in the 40 series. The pictue I posted is one off a BJ42 from Canada. Came with the 40 Series H55F top cover. My 83 H55F from a BJ42RV LX model in Australia still had the shift knob minus the insert shift pattern label. Knob is the same. It is the same rubberized one used in the 60 series just a different insert. The four speed still used the same round knob as they used in 1974. 8/80 the 40 series with a spiit transfer case had it's own shift knob. I have a number of those. The H55F and split transfer case shifters have a larger diameter thread than 40 series. Thread diameter is the same as the 60 series and on later Land Cruisers. This expands why there are so many OEM options that fit. Even after the H55F was replaced with another five the shift pattern stayed the same.

Speaking of shifter knobs, I came across this one a few years back and added it to my collection of random old fun Toyota stuff. Anyone know what it was originally on?
496D1F05-8A45-4BEB-B85A-83375FF16869.jpeg
9C0C62B7-D2AE-4B1D-8CB2-6CF0DDEDF9FF.jpeg

He just busts out two like its nothing. hahaha @Indygbd o_O
I really love the old horn relays with the clear covers. Extra cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom