CD Changer Removal Open Hole Cover (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got my final version put in this weekend! The added depth is great! I am currently liking the dividers. Currently using it to hold 2 pairs of sunglasses, a screw driver, and my insurance card. The fit is snug, doesn't rattle, and the build quality is excellent.

View attachment 3032982

Dang this is sweet, @BenCC I am on board to order one when they are ready as well. The dividers look to be key to the setup. Maybe some kind of slotted divider that can be moved depending on the setup.

I am really glad it works. If you can, share a pic with the stuff you put in it. Thanks.
C7E99B99-0799-49A5-B050-4A98AC371AEC.jpeg

I still haven't noticed any issues. I would 100% buy this version exactly as-is.

I'm curious how the dividers are working out for people though? I was worried that the area would be too small to easily grab things at the bottom.
Right...guess it would depend on the item.
The dividers might need to be slotted so they can be customized or removed depending on the task at hand. Maybe two dividers and four slots that would allow for mixing things up.

No issues here. I would agree with Mike NXP about slots for the dividers so the dividers could be adjusted or removed if needed. Would make the product adaptable and versatile for all the different items that could be stored there which for some could be different items depending on seasons or destination

Yes.

I am waiting for more feedback. I sent out 8 prototypes.

Any feedback will be appreciated.
@Formerjeeper
@MattAg06
@Patassa
@xswl
@Hayesthebuilder
@elemenohpee
@leveeguy
@jbz
I have continued to enjoy the slots. I mostly store sunglasses, pens, and a screwdriver in them at the moment. I fell like if I had the just the open cubbie, I would just dump random crap in there and stuff would get lost on the bottom. The configurable dividers would be a cool option.

I really enjoy the black base color and the orange insert. It really helps to see things when you first open it up.

Yes.

@Formerjeeper
@MattAg06
@Patassa
@xswl
@Hayesthebuilder
@elemenohpee
@leveeguy
@jbz

The fit now is perfect, it's very tight, almost zero play at all compared to the V1 I had. I'd agree with the other users on the adjustable dividers, the way they are currently, some the "stuff" I dropped in there can be hard to get out. (pocket knife, air gauge, chapstick, coiled up power cord) So making those little sub compartments adjustable would make it a lot more versatile. Overall though thrilled to have these and very thankful people like you are in the community.

Last edited:
Yes.

@Formerjeeper
@MattAg06
@Patassa
@xswl
@Hayesthebuilder
@elemenohpee
@leveeguy
@jbz

@BenCC sorry for the delay. I finally got the time to pull out the CD changer and put this in. Here's my feedback and posting photos shortly.

Fit: perfect, very secure and takes advantage of all of the depth available. Rear seat cupholder still works perfectly.
Dividers: understand some may like adjustable dividers but this is great for my purposes.
Use: I actually have a non-CD changer console I was planning to install, but I think I like this better. In other cars I have had a large single console and it just gets filled with things and I have to root around to find anything. This way I actually have a dedicated spot for sunglasses, pens, and other items that I think will stay organized.
Install: I took the opportunity to put some reflective foam insulation around the bottom of the console storage, and cut an insert of it to sit below the felt pad on the other side of the console. Hopefully this helps with the heat I get in the console from some combination of drivetrain/exhaust/heater vents.
Overall: Better than I could have hoped for and very glad to have this mod!

266AE14B-BAF5-4997-911D-ECCA7EE5BFBB.jpeg

3451C1B3-E297-4BE4-86C9-83F6C0516EAB.jpeg

24E727BC-2A57-47A4-A832-800335980282.jpeg

29EDF85E-A8C2-48DE-8F86-086412F62D30.jpeg

7977C8F4-D795-47D9-AFB4-E56C6F37EE52.jpeg

Sorry for the late response @BenCC. My entire family got the VID!!! Rough times.

Here we go. Mask storage complete 🤣
C0E0F68E-7D26-407D-9D97-A4F1E9930F0E.jpeg

I'd like to order one as well, I sent a PM a while back.

How much space is there under this insert? I run a few small wires under there and they pop out on the backside of my center console ( I think some have controls here ?)

Think there is an inch or so to sneak some wires under there and out the backside?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom