Events/Trails 💥Pig Party 2022💥 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good news, the Carson National Forest reopens tomorrow morning, Friday, June 24th.
1656071382376.gif

um, so. we go nowz?

Pigeaten Have fun folding it up :(
:(

View attachment 3042482my wifes biggest camping concern has been addressed, no more shovels for her
Especially useful at elk camp when the temp is in single digits and there’s 12-15 inches of snow on the ground. Propane lantern heats it up pretty good.

Still need a shovel and bio-degradable plastic bags…

We're peeling out on Friday, so any chance of us going back to first plan and staying in Carson? Makes no difference to me, just getting my maps right.

We're peeling out on Friday, so any chance of us going back to first plan and staying in Carson? Makes no difference to me, just getting my maps right.
@riderjgs Yes, I would like to firm up our location too. As I remember these camp sites were first come first serve and I am just curious how were are going to try to get a bunch.

@riderjgs Yes, I would like to firm up our location too. As I remember these camp sites were first come first serve and I am just curious how were are going to try to get a bunch

Just now playing catch-up on all the gossip.

Mind boggling what everyone has been feverishly doing to make this year happen.
hope everyone makes it safely.

And, are we still targeting La Jara Reservoir on the 7th. Or have I lost track?

Finally out from under a 3 project work overload. Was touch and go to make this years wallow, but I’m all in. Haven’t updated very much on my mistress. Installed NOS front blinkers. Tomorrow taking it in to have Clearline UV,Infrared heat film ( non tinted) Install on all glass(36 sq ft).

Jump date of 3,4 or 5th. Probably taking 40 East, or maybe 10 East. Still debating.

A final meet location would be good to know for route planning from Las Vegas. Depending on La Jara or Carson or ???, I would take the southern route on I-40 or a northern route through St George, UT then Farmington, NM.

Just catching up after being offline at a family wedding over a long weekend and seeing the understandable questions re: location.
It’s a dilemma for me. I recall the NM site being alongside the river, shaded and more scenic as well as closer to Antonito (about 15 miles, half paved) for fuel/supplies. Trails seemed closer with more choices. La Jara seemed more open with more room to spread out at the campsite. But, if I recall correctly, it’s 25 miles of backroad from supplies and a long drive into NM if we want to do trails there. Seemed both locations could accommodate trailers. Both are first come, first serve. No reservations but both look like plenty of room for dispersed camping in addition to the prepared sites. While the USFS description of Rio de los Pinos mentions just four sites, the drive through video I posted earlier shows 10. Just want folks to have the best possible time and leave happy. Altitude is close but 1200’ higher at La Jara, which might make a difference for lowlanders.
After exchanging some messages with Mark @abqcruiser and John @4Cruisers we'll throw it open to the sty. My own preference would be to return to our first choice at Rio de los Pinos and make it work. Need a short turnaround on this decision as Ron and Jeri @scrapdaddy are leaving Friday and others may be heading out early also. We hope to arrive on site Wednesday pm, 7/6.

Last edited:
Rio de Los Pino’s is also my first choice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom