STLCA Picture Of The Day Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Round Up was last week. Attendance was as strong as ever and the weather was good.

The tragedy to Mason was a big surprise for us. The county court house in the middle of town was attacked on 6Feb by an arsonist. Our hotel was across from the square so I have before and after pictures that I took from the hotel balcony.

Nov2020
View attachment 2623483
Mar2021

View attachment 2623484

The community would like to restore the court house, but cost of damages are estimated at ~$30M while insurance will only cover ~$4M. Round Up raised ~$4k for the court house so the TLCA and its chapters have stepped up to help. More is needed to accomplish objective, the journey is just starting.

That is so sad, wow, and the fact that insurance can't even come close to fitting the bill is weird?!

That is so sad, wow, and the fact that insurance can't even come close to fitting the bill is weird?!

Probably stems from a cost saving measure by the country when they bought the insurance (replacement value based on new construction versus restoration cost to original condition). The accountants for the county saved money on premiums without understanding the true cost implications that they left the community to face (i.e., typical pennywise pound foolish mistake).

I thought the same, but many communities severely underestimate replacement cost on Insurance. $30M seems way steep to me, but in looking at the before picture, I could have told them that $4M wouldn't touch it. Municipal insurance plans are different in the fact that the owner often provides the value of the structure and the policy writer just determines what the premium is. I am guessing someone figured that they had around $4M invested in the building so that is what they insured it for. Unfortunately, no one ever said, "hey what would it cost us to replace this if it were a total loss?" I recently had a client with a treatment plant that was underinsured by nearly half because that was what they had spent building it originally, over 30 years ago. they were renewing their policy and the replacement cost came up in an organic conversation and I said, $7M wouldn't touch full replacement, so they now have $15M on the facility.

I am working on a remodel in Grundy County right now and we are going to have well over $2M in remodel costs and still could spend more. But if they had to build it today, it would probably cost in the $10M-$15M range. They don't build like they used to for a reason, They can't afford to.

Its super sad that they lost the building and even more so that it was under-insured and the A-hole that did it now will cost the tax payers more because they will have to incarcerate him. Should sell his organs on the black market to help put some cash in the pot and then bury him in a shallow hole in the hill country.

... the A-hole that did it now will cost the tax payers more because they will have to incarcerate him. Should sell his organs on the black market to help put some cash in the pot and then bury him in a shallow hole in the hill country.

I like your action summary.

Also FYI, Situation may have been even more settling. It appears that the A-hole burnt the courthouse as punishment to the community for its overwhelming support of Trump. The arsonist was reported as a 38 year local son that was very outspoken in his hatred of Trump. He set a house fire across town and waited for the fire department to be fully engaged there, then threw Molotov cocktails into the courthouse. Description of his attempted get-away did not appear to have been planned (ad hoc; a few highlight were multiple stolen cars, home break-in, stole fire arms where no ammunition was available).

I like your action summary.

Also FYI, Situation may have been even more settling. It appears that the A-hole burnt the courthouse as punishment to the community for its overwhelming support of Trump. The arsonist was reported as a 38 year local son that was very outspoken in his hatred of Trump. He set a house fire across town and waited for the fire department to be fully engaged there, then threw Molotov cocktails into the courthouse. Description of his attempted get-away did not appear to have been planned (ad hoc; a few highlight were multiple stolen cars, home break-in, stole fire arms where no ammunition was available).

Yep, black market organ sales for someone so calculated seems like a reasonable punishment. What a D...

Sign is finally on the wall.

IMG_4250.jpg

Fresh lipstick on the WarPig!

20210718_203212.jpg

You bringing that thing to MardiKrawl?

Not sure if MK is on the schedule. It will be at Crawl in October. I'll have to ask about MK

It's sunny and 60 in Ft Walton today

IMG_6984.jpg

New addition to the herd. 1985 4runner. Unmolested. Soft top on for the summer.
20220605_184624.jpg

60 wheels probably going on when I get a little time.

60 wheels FTW!

IMG957741.jpg

Figured I’d mix it up a little. @jynx has brought up all the Yota’s around here so I had no other choice.

F38517AF-3878-484E-B9DB-3F88AAD06B23.jpeg
C534BB01-6783-4C69-B529-DA2DE7BF8A1D.jpeg
A98E667B-9A4B-44C9-9510-2693AFC52723.jpeg

Oh my bad I forgot this is a Toyota forum.

Man Rocky, going to all those QAnon gatherings really sent you off the deep end :flipoff2:

Seriously though, glad you got another 4x4. We’d love to see your face again. You should come down to Mardi Krawl in August. Probably have a line of folks wanting to ride in a rig with a/c.

Paging Mr. Ridge...

IMG_3917.jpg

My “new to me” 40. Can’t wait to get it home and start putting it back together.

DFA96AA2-6959-449C-A180-3AE5ED4C8FF9.jpeg

Saw a nice prado near Fairview. Had TH dealer tags and nice TRD wheels
86B171CE-E0C1-4AFF-80E2-626F9B007CEE.jpeg

20220709_200120.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom