ARB Compressor- Slee Mount Issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I mounted my compressor today using the Slee bracket. The kit and instructions are, of course, outstanding. But I ran into two issues I’m wonder if others have had.

First- my fuse box interferes with the compressor intake/filter on one side. It doesn’t seem like the mounting bracket has any more front to back play so I’m sure how to proceed…

Second (and this one I’ve heard tell of before)- I can see zero ways to get the braided steel line from the output to the manifold without absolutely kinking the s*** out of it. It’s just the wrong length to be able to route in their suggested way, no matter the angle of the elbows or manifold inlet.

Has anyone devised a solution to either of these? Thanks guys!

A446FBFA-B8A5-4942-B80F-6420AEE12926.jpeg
F280A935-D406-4C12-B31C-F60D61C909D7.jpeg

IIRC, you have to rotate one of the fittings on the braided hose 90 degrees using a vice. Pretty sure there is a thread about this.

Regarding the fuse box, it it real tight. It’s very hard for me to get the fuse box lids on and off but it does fit.

I mounted my compressor today using the Slee bracket. The kit and instructions are, of course, outstanding. But I ran into two issues I’m wonder if others have had.

First- my fuse box interferes with the compressor intake/filter on one side. It doesn’t seem like the mounting bracket has any more front to back play so I’m sure how to proceed…

Second (and this one I’ve heard tell of before)- I can see zero ways to get the braided steel line from the output to the manifold without absolutely kinking the s*** out of it. It’s just the wrong length to be able to route in their suggested way, no matter the angle of the elbows or manifold inlet.

Has anyone devised a solution to either of these? Thanks guys!

View attachment 3038586View attachment 3038587
I had the same issue, what I did was put 2-3 washers in the front bolts where the compressor mounts to the plate also route your hose like mine .

CC2BF6E2-75D0-4D35-8C59-459794869ACD.jpeg

975DDB23-2C01-45AB-A608-9ABD7C1A7F95.jpeg

My installer ran the braided line behind the air coupler. He was able to mount the SLEE bracket far enough back so it doesn't interfere with the fuse box lid.

IMG_20211123_100420255.jpg

Amory at Slee suggested routing differently as well but the re-indexing of the fitting on the ARB line ended up working great.

On the fuse box, I trimmed it per the second picture which also worked well.

Thanks again all!

C2D1AD1D-B185-4239-B7E0-B18CC1BFE7AC.jpeg

49EFA3E3-A158-4FD8-9CE9-0BF9964F5D03.jpeg

You may still want to rotate the black bulkhead inside the pump to shift that 90 degree fitting toward the drivers side. It’ll reduce contact with the hood pad.

You may still want to rotate the black bulkhead inside the pump to shift that 90 degree fitting toward the drivers side. It’ll reduce contact with the hood pad.
I’m not tracking (sorry)- are you saying you think the elbow where the braided line starts is currently making contact with the hood pad in its current location?

I’m not tracking (sorry)- are you saying you think the elbow where the braided line starts is currently making contact with the hood pad in its current location?
It often does on these installs. I know it definitely did on mine.

And since I didn’t indicate earlier, I’m referring to the forward fitting of the two.

Where did you get that plug for the quick connect? Thanks!
I don't see what you are referring to, but Wit's End sells "pacifier" plugs that work well. They have different kinds, the ARB has a specific fitting.

604863A0-A3C5-4A66-BC0D-BAB80C834DD9.jpeg

Last edited:
I prefer the ARB made part designed to work with their QD. Not sure why it isn’t included... Part number 0740113 and it’s cheap, also available from Slee.

15663A2E-0390-40C5-A93E-33371C1F2015.jpeg

The cap is listed as an option. Reason for that is a while back the caps were on back order, and if we made it an included piece, the whole bundle would not be available for sale due to the one item being out of stock.
Makes sense, and sorry, that wondering wasn’t directed at you. I wonder why ARB doesn’t include it with the quick disconnect in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom