What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (43 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That was the plan before the world collapse made them so hard to obtain.

I'll wait till 25 probably to buy one of those.

No, a 95-96 with a 5.8 would be one of the few rigs I'd replace the 80 with.
Ya. I think ford did a great job with the new ones. Especially the Sasquatch and Outer Banks models. Here in San Diego they are popping up everywhere, like Raptors. Every other person has one.
Also every fall/winter in the desert I always see 90’s broncos, moderately built and they are awesome!

The Ford dealers are ripping buyers' lips off and tossing them in the corner of the showrooms. Sadly the buyers are willing to pay the exorbitant markups.

Depends on the dealership. Just had a friend buy a '22 4Runner at slightly below sticker and I bought a used LC500 from the same dealership for a pre-crazyness price.

The Ford dealers are ripping buyers' lips off and tossing them in the corner of the showrooms. Sadly the buyers are willing to pay the exorbitant markups.
In my area the dealers are charging an “exclusivity fee” it’s the last item on the window sticker and for raptors is $10,000 or more. But people want them and Broncos so bad they pre-order them and pay that fee 🤷‍♂️
To keep this tech, Dan I am doing a power steering refresh thanks to your write up. What clamps are preferred? I have the new pump and new hoses already.

For sure. But all brands have been doing it during covid.
I wonder what the second sticker markup would have been if the 300 series had launched here.

But 80 stuff
9B10F75F-AC20-43B5-A2B2-1F8CA88D4889.jpeg

Enjoyed (not) getting orders canceled from both Amayama and an eBay vendor for my rear bumper parts (LH and RH end caps). Once again, putting out some feelers for those of you replacing (or replaced) your rear bumpers and still have your good condition stock parts. If you're in North Texas (or close), I'm happy to drive to you. If further, I'm willing to pay for shipping to the tune of $200 total out of pocket (part and shipping) per side. HMU via PM if you have something.

LH is the one I'm most needing, as it's damaged. I've been looking to buy both sides new, but if I can get my hands on a LH end cap, I could paint both sides to match. With the chrome trim is a plus, but my chrome pieces are in good shape and could add to end caps that don't have the chrome, if needed.

Thanks!

Enjoyed (not) getting orders canceled from both Amayama and an eBay vendor for my rear bumper parts (LH and RH end caps). Once again, putting out some feelers for those of you replacing (or replaced) your rear bumpers and still have your good condition stock parts. If you're in North Texas (or close), I'm happy to drive to you. If further, I'm willing to pay for shipping to the tune of $200 total out of pocket (part and shipping) per side. HMU via PM if you have something.

LH is the one I'm most needing, as it's damaged. I've been looking to buy both sides new, but if I can get my hands on a LH end cap, I could paint both sides to match. With the chrome trim is a plus, but my chrome pieces are in good shape and could add to end caps that don't have the chrome, if needed.

Thanks!

Order them from your local US dealer. Still available.

No more crusty time-bomb rear heater stuff to worry about. $10 gates 28470 cut into both bypass hoses, and into the trash with you... except the pipes will go in the “spare crap I’ll never touch again” bin. Those driver’s side connections are fun. I think this makes it official - no more old cooling system parts on the whole truck.

F4E1DA94-72A9-49D2-AD29-BF0E38E8D25A.jpeg

Last edited:
Looking good at Golden Hour in the driveway. Power at rest.

Honk if you see me.

D3798462-49D5-41D5-8270-7E2392453568.jpeg

A friend of mine told me that they (dealerships) will never go back to the model having lots of cars around the lot. It is a burdensome cost and the insurance on all of those cars costs a fortune (hail damage). In the current environment, a buyer cannot demand a car with specific features. The dealer tells them what is coming in and gives them a price if they want to secure it. Profits have never been better and there is no haggling. You want the car or you don't. It is a significant reversal in leverage in auto transactions where buyers could search the internet for a specific vehicle and then get pricing from several dealers.

Ya. I think ford did a great job with the new ones. Especially the Sasquatch and Outer Banks models. Here in San Diego they are popping up everywhere, like Raptors. Every other person has one.
Also every fall/winter in the desert I always see 90’s broncos, moderately built and they are awesome!
Ya think?!

Even dropping engines at 2000 miles needing a complete replacement 🤦‍♂️

Fix Or Repair Daily

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom