Driver seat re-cushioned.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Whoa! Inflation is real. I paid $330 for the pair not even 6 months ago.

I recommend the SOR foam and vinyl covers they sell. It’s a perfect kit, fits exactly right, and I did each seat with zero upholstery experience in about 2 hours per seat.
Pull the seats.
Disassemble and reinstall new foams.
SOR foam is firm.
Super firm.
And about 2” taller than old mushy seats.
I like it. But it takes getting used to.
All told, I reformed front seats and recovered front and rear seats, with SOR vinyl front and rear, plus all new carpets from DNP.
My rig is like new inside. The difference is downright amazing. Totally worth the effort.

I should also add, the seam in the front of the passenger seat came apart during install - it had been sewn incorrectly. SOR replaced quickly and free of charge - their service really is top notch.

View attachment 2744339View attachment 2744341
Looks fantastic!!!

And wiaoaoai...what a price jump. Happy i bought mine when i did...even tho i hvnt put em in yet.

Now they want $499 for a pair and $281 for a single foam seat cushion. It just keeps going up. I priced out the 2 front seat cushions and new vinyl for front seats and rear and its $2131 at SOR for everything today. Just putting the price in for reference.

I’m about to do this. I’m going myself with the SOR foam and new leather covers. While I’m in, gonna add heated seat elements. Nothing feels better on my old worn out back than heated seats. Plus my wife has the seat heaters on in 100 degree weather!!
Reading your response, and I'm curious if you ordered the leather covers from Mosley Motors? or went a different path to get leather covering? I'm refurbishing a 1990 FJ62 and the driver seat fabric and foam is almost completely destroyed. I already have new SOR foam bottoms sitting in a box, and have been in contact with Mosley about leather, which I really like. Unfortunately, their manufacturer is in CA and seems pretty flaky. So, I'm in a holding pattern on that front while Mosley sorts out delivery timeline on a couple other orders. Just curious if you are pleased with leather? My wife was questioning my choice given heat in the metroplex (i'm not hassling with cooling units...can always add those later if I'm so inclined). Thx. Dave

Now they want $499 for a pair and $281 for a single foam seat cushion. It just keeps going up. I priced out the 2 front seat cushions and new vinyl for front seats and rear and its $2131 at SOR for everything today. Just putting the price in for reference.
Holy s*** balls....woaoaoooa

Suddenly the Scheel Manns don’t seem so ludicrous
Glad i grabbed a set of Scheel-Manns before they are $10,000 /pair.... WoW!

Reading your response, and I'm curious if you ordered the leather covers from Mosley Motors? or went a different path to get leather covering? I'm refurbishing a 1990 FJ62 and the driver seat fabric and foam is almost completely destroyed. I already have new SOR foam bottoms sitting in a box, and have been in contact with Mosley about leather, which I really like. Unfortunately, their manufacturer is in CA and seems pretty flaky. So, I'm in a holding pattern on that front while Mosley sorts out delivery timeline on a couple other orders. Just curious if you are pleased with leather? My wife was questioning my choice given heat in the metroplex (i'm not hassling with cooling units...can always add those later if I'm so inclined). Thx. Dave
I have Mosley leather and they look great! Unfortunately my project was shelved for a while and haven’t got them installed yet.

Don't forget shipping on those SOR cushions. Cheapest option for me (IL) is UPS ground for $95.69.

Also any clue why there is a core charge on foam? "(a Refundable Core Charge of 20.00 is already included in price)"

Don't forget shipping on those SOR cushions. Cheapest option for me (IL) is UPS ground for $95.69.

Also any clue why there is a core charge on foam? "(a Refundable Core Charge of 20.00 is already included in price)"
LOL at Core charge....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom