Builds Powda Blue 74 Build - Tilda Bogue Service Station (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I installed FJ60 and just clearanced the backside of the stock shock tower.

I agree that it is no less fabrication work than saginaw. I just preferred keeping things behind the crossmember.
This is what I was thinking. The minor amount of clearance required and the fact that the stuff is sort of hidden is appealing. I don’t want to fool with having to swap the firewall for a later column on the 71. This is/was my plan for my LV, but it may change.

Powda Blue.

Last week the owner called and asked if he though it OK for his son to drive this thing 3 hours to Oxford because his truck was dead.

I said sure. Have him keep it at 3000 rpm on the interstate and have fun and that I was on call to go get him if he got stranded.

Just yesterday I was telling @WharfRat and @euclid was remarking that he must have made it because the call never came…….

The words were not out of my mouth good and a text came in saying the Cruiser would not start.

I had the kid call me direct and start it with me on the line.

Fire. Stumble. No run.

I asked if I could come up today early. He confirmed. I packed the Cruiser with everything I might need and got there in about 2.5 hours rolling hard in the 200.

This is the first thing I see hanging down.
4E2486BF-CDBC-4792-B990-2F128C7005BD.jpeg

Some dirtbag stole his gas and broke the lock.

I went and purchased a 5 gallon s***ty gas can, filled it and struggled for 10 minutes to pour gas out of that junk.

Primed it. Same issue. Fuel pressure gauge was telling me it was only building 20 psi. Sniper needs 60.

I sent a pic of a spare in line pump I had to Mosley to determine if it was right and he called and asked what I was doing. I bounced it off him and he said, maybe they messed up the pump with the siphon hose.

Sure enough. This thing was partially on and was not building pressure.
9C0D9799-DFA5-43A1-90C9-CDD4AE40ADDC.jpeg

This is why I love putting these pressure gauges in line on my builds. Totally helps get you pointed in the right direction.

This is normal after fixing the in tank hose
B42EE7E0-5A0F-4F2C-A846-0A68CD98E588.jpeg

Quick test drive.

Perfect.

8D8C491B-C510-4830-8B6B-5A90FD1FF5E6.jpeg

Left it where I found it. Hope they beat the crap out of the guy if he tries again.

25A5E16D-89F2-4E35-9D01-36CBF62144B0.jpeg

Absolute dirt bags!! I thought about a knife valve inside on the fill line to prevent any type of siphon hose from getting in.

You would have thought the “Young’en” would have noticed the needle flat lined on the ”E” indicator, courtesy of the bang water bandits…Regardless, as a result, you caught the bad connection on the in tank setup. Silver lining.

Still, dirt balls none the less.

You would have thought the “Young’en” would have noticed the needle flat lined on the ”E” indicator, courtesy of the bang water bandits…Regardless, as a result, you caught the bad connection on the in tank setup. Silver lining.

Still, dirt balls none the less.
In his defense I had the Dakota fuel gauge on the wrong setting. I had told them to see it it was accurate when they used fuel. I had the tank full when I was setting it up and pretty much 4 settings will give you FULL but 3 of them will stay up there.

I was about to bypass it with an In Line pump when Cam suggested to pull the pump. Glad he did.

Spotted en route to 35a in Florida. They had a hose pop off on I-10 and delayed their arrival.

The owner called me yesterday and asked me if it would make it. I said, there is only one way to find out.

Sucks they had to deal with the hose but they got it to a local shop and replaced the Toyota clamps with some regular hose clamps and journeyed on.

53660B79-B9DE-471B-8E5A-7FA3308E0177.jpeg

Spotted en route to 35a in Florida. They had a hose pop off on I-10 and delayed their arrival.

The owner called me yesterday and asked me if it would make it. I said, there is only one way to find out.

Sucks they had to deal with the hose but they got it to a local shop and replaced the Toyota clamps with some regular hose clamps and journeyed on.

View attachment 3020131

Looks like. 20 year old and a 2F with 4.11s is not the best combo for an 8 hour trip

5955E66E-A141-406F-AE6E-5132FBD161ED.jpeg

937903DD-3F6C-4424-82F1-3B01DFCC41CD.jpeg

I had it towed to @mcinnes house and luckily I happened to be coming through Florida with an empty trailer.

It cranked up. No smoke. No fluid oil. No oil in radiator.

Maybe it’s JUST a head gasket.

Thanks Mike. Nice to meet your girls

F63A9F7A-EEFC-4DE5-88B2-1F7F11815D23.jpeg

7EC369B8-92C7-4A32-8FF5-290B4919C056.jpeg

92B70480-672D-4066-9C77-3F66CC63ACCA.jpeg

D320782D-A4E5-4A87-BB30-69CAD9C759E4.jpeg

Blue smoke, good mosquito control.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom