Meet Steve (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I used this method for my box. It worked very well.

Thanks @wngrog had a quick tech support chat with @FJ60Cam last night. He suggested a bit more timing then adjust the IAC. All good now. This thing pulls hard.

Steering issue was a bad 60 rebuilt box that was on it when I got it. I had bled it properly to ensure it wasn't air in the line before I drove it. Don reported the same issue before he brought me the truck. I didn't have the right bolt pattern 60 box in stock, but had a freshly rebuilt 80 box, so an upgrade for Steve. Steering is on point now. Going to add a cooler since it doesn't have one.

thumbnail_IMG_8273.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_8272.jpg

I don't want to put the hood back on since @FJ60Cam 's engine is such a work of art. Pretty sure it will make it on sometime before @Pigeaten picks it up.

thumbnail_IMG_8271.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_8275.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_8276.jpg

I just need registration stickers so I can venture out further than my neck of the woods to put some miles on it.

Thanks @wngrog had a quick tech support chat with @FJ60Cam last night. He suggested a bit more timing then adjust the IAC. All good now. This thing pulls hard.

Steering issue was a bad 60 rebuilt box that was on it when I got it. I had bled it properly to ensure it wasn't air in the line before I drove it. Don reported the same issue before he brought me the truck. I didn't have the right bolt pattern 60 box in stock, but had a freshly rebuilt 80 box, so an upgrade for Steve. Steering is on point now. Going to add a cooler since it doesn't have one.

View attachment 3041879
View attachment 3041880

I don't want to put the hood back on since @FJ60Cam 's engine is such a work of art. Pretty sure it will make it on sometime before @Pigeaten picks it up.

View attachment 3041881

View attachment 3041882

View attachment 3041883

I just need registration stickers so I can venture out further than my neck of the woods to put some miles on it.

Awesome. Did not realize it was you doing the install. Nice work as always.

Flying back to Houston to pick up Steve, from Steve. Did not find someone to transport, so fly to Houston, drive to Ca. Fly to Oregon Sat for wedding, back Sunday, pack up and leave on the 4th for PP. my have to put the wife in drivers seat for a bit

im ready, just thought it would come back on a trailer. Need to borrow a spare and jack, bringing a few tools and small compressor, sleeping bag, and 1 million$ for fuel. will keep you all posted in case I cant find beer at the end of each day

Let me start for Steve, removed original motor from this 1974, cleaned engine bay(including some rust work, installed Mosley motors 2F w/new 5 spd and split case, new driveshafts, Sniper, Dui distributer, A/C seats, new mosley radiator, Alternator, plus a ton more little things. All yours Steve

I have no doubt you will make it home safe , But you might ask the engine builder about changing the engine oil some where on the way home ? (500 miles or so ? ) Might also need a engine oil additive ? Be safe , We look forward to seeing it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom