My Turn - The Mega Dream Garage (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Holy crap Ross! Tvis thread brought you out of your slumber!?
For sure. Buddies with metal buildings say it is defening in a rain storm.
Truth. A minor sprinkle sounds like a monsoon, a real downpour is just about unbearable. Imagine two people yelling at each other but the background noise is soo loud it just looks like they're moving their mouths and no sound is coming out. I've only been caught out in the shop a couple times in that kind of rain. It's nuts

Just don't call me Rip Van Winkle.

I am super envious of your shop. I'm still working on the driveway and this time of year it is not pleasant.

My metal frame, metal sided shop isn't that loud during a rainstorm. It has rolled insulation, not sure how thick though as I didn't build it. Certainly agree though that spray foam insulation would be quieter.

Yup. I put muffs on it’s that bad. It’s funny..
You be like, “damn, it’s pouring outside”. Open door to leave and it’s only a heavy sprinkle.

Back from GSMTR. No metal. No comms.
Will reach out tomorrow. The contractor has completed WELL more than the down payment so I am unconcerned.

Contractor texted. Was unable to pick up the wall metal. The company has metal but no workers to shove it through the press.
I have no clue what is happening in America. How do people afford to eat if they do not get a pay check? EBT and social security fraud? Or is the government assistance just that good?
I am weeping for America.

Agree, I have no idea what is going on. I see projects every day where they can't keep help and I wonder the same. How do these people keep paying for their new SxS and put gas in it and have grocery and beer money. I am baffled.

Oh, looky here.
Metal delivered.
I hope they have screws or I am screwed!
Screenshot_20220623-173536_Arlo Secure.jpg

You'd be surprised when they start putting it up. It packs really flat

That's probably just the roof. But progress is progress and we will take it! ;)
Roof is already on so given the size of my garage doors, this is likely all of it.

I am glad he left his gooseneck. He cannot be without that for long so I know this is going to be completed soon.

Progress today?

Progress report?
Worked a few hours last Thursday and then 2 hours on Friday. Really nothing to see. Some soffit got put up qnd some more trim.

Soffit is about 3/4 complete. I got a text from the builder that he had a death in the family and will not be here at all this week. He says he intends to be here next Monday and work to completion. We shall see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom