5th Annual Cruise Michigan (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Shirt order is submitted. If you have not paid and have the ability to pay via paypal, please do so. Thanks!

Cheers,
Jonathan
Just sent via paypal.

So if we’re showing up just for Saturday, is the initial meeting and lunch at @Ocho77 and Katie’s place or at the store? I have to tell my FIL where to go.

At the Store

Getting ready for the trip and making sure all systems are ready. Grabbed my ORV stickers too.

927311B8-B343-4D36-A49B-098B0B88106A.jpeg

PLEASE READ

With the impending weather (close to 90 degrees), we have a slight change of plans. If we host the event at the store like I intended, we will not have any fans or option for air conditioning or shade. That said, I would like to move the Initial meeting and lunch to our house, as it has been in the past. Feel free to show up any time Friday. Lunch will be ready around noon. The tentative plan is to trail ride from our place up towards Baldwin. We can stop along the PM River as we have in the past, and maybe Ruby Creek Tavern if people want to stop for a beverage and hang out, and then we can make our way towards the store north of Baldwin. From the store, people can decide if they want to run Tin Cup, do other trails, head home, or come back to our place. We ran Tin Cup this past weekend and it was my first time running it. In full transparency, I was not impressed. It was sand, rutted out, and not very scenic. That said, I am not opposed to running it again this weekend.

The Ox Market and Flea Roast is being held in Irons this weekend. It is a very popular event, so I am not sure if that will increase traffic on Tin Cup or if people will be attending the event and the trails will be more open. Nonetheless, meet at our house on Friday. I will make space in the barn for tables/chairs and have fans running as we have had in the past. Also, we will have the option for air conditioning in the house if it gets terribly hot.

If you are planning to camp on our property, please let me know, along with what day you are arriving/departing. I am planning on smoking a pork belly on Friday and making bacon brisket tacos for whomever is here Friday night for dinner. Around dinner time I will put the pork butts on the smoker and be hanging out in the barn, sipping bourbon if you want to come hang out. If you are staying elsewhere but want to come here for tacos and hang out, please let me know so we can plan accordingly.

If you are planning on showing just for Saturday, arrive any time before noon. We usually cook a big breakfast for those that camp here. We are trying to get a count for who is planning on being here Friday night for dinner and who is planning on being here Saturday morning for breakfast. Please let me know, if able.

Cheers,
Jonathan

I’ll be there. I will. I just finished 44 hrs (since Monday 0600) working at a former Coke plant in Paw Paw with more to do at least through tomorrow, and maybe Friday. I have an O-2 sensor to button up before I head up and was hoping to have it done by now.

If I won’t need to concern myself with ORV stickers anymore I’d like to know ASAP.

Sadly we will not make it this weekend. I got home from a week+ trip overseas yesterday and brought COVID with me, tested positive last night. We're really bummed we'll miss the lineup of cruisers, amazing food, and all of you, but it's best for everyone if you miss me :) . Have a great time!

Plan on the 4 Horns for Dinner on Friday.
What can we bring to Share? Please give us some ideas or we will bring cash.

The Hood is back on after Rust Repair & Paint and AC Fully Charged.

It needs a good Mud Polish to take down the Shine.

F754D257-CA3A-4B2D-B86E-12AB5D43E2E5.jpeg

We will be there tomorrow and Saturday! Also staying at the DayStar Friday night.

PLEASE READ

With the impending weather (close to 90 degrees), we have a slight change of plans. If we host the event at the store like I intended, we will not have any fans or option for air conditioning or shade. That said, I would like to move the Initial meeting and lunch to our house, as it has been in the past. Feel free to show up any time Friday. Lunch will be ready around noon. The tentative plan is to trail ride from our place up towards Baldwin. We can stop along the PM River as we have in the past, and maybe Ruby Creek Tavern if people want to stop for a beverage and hang out, and then we can make our way towards the store north of Baldwin. From the store, people can decide if they want to run Tin Cup, do other trails, head home, or come back to our place. We ran Tin Cup this past weekend and it was my first time running it. In full transparency, I was not impressed. It was sand, rutted out, and not very scenic. That said, I am not opposed to running it again this weekend.

The Ox Market and Flea Roast is being held in Irons this weekend. It is a very popular event, so I am not sure if that will increase traffic on Tin Cup or if people will be attending the event and the trails will be more open. Nonetheless, meet at our house on Friday. I will make space in the barn for tables/chairs and have fans running as we have had in the past. Also, we will have the option for air conditioning in the house if it gets terribly hot.

If you are planning to camp on our property, please let me know, along with what day you are arriving/departing. I am planning on smoking a pork belly on Friday and making bacon brisket tacos for whomever is here Friday night for dinner. Around dinner time I will put the pork butts on the smoker and be hanging out in the barn, sipping bourbon if you want to come hang out. If you are staying elsewhere but want to come here for tacos and hang out, please let me know so we can plan accordingly.

If you are planning on showing just for Saturday, arrive any time before noon. We usually cook a big breakfast for those that camp here. We are trying to get a count for who is planning on being here Friday night for dinner and who is planning on being here Saturday morning for breakfast. Please let me know, if able.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Jonathan, did I miss I the address of your place? I looked through the thread and couldn't find it. Thanks!

Jonathan, did I miss I the address of your place? I looked through the thread and couldn't find it. Thanks!
Sent you a PM.

If anyone needs directions or anything else, please let me know.

Feel free to show up any time Friday or Saturday. We'll have bacon brisket tacos around 6 on Friday night. If kids or anyone else does not want those, we can throw some burgers on the grill or people can cook hot dogs over the campfire. We will have room for people to plug trailers in for power. If that is your plan, please bring an extension cord if possible.

For Saturday, we will take off from our house after lunch. I think we'll run trails from here, stop at Ruby Creek for a beverage if people want, then continue on trails towards Baldwin, with a stop somewhere along the beautiful Pere Marquette River. Once in Baldwin, we can stop by Shoey's Log Bar in downtown and have a drink. From there, we can head north to Club 37. If refreshments/snacks are needed, we can swing by our store (Wolf Lake Store) on M-37 just north of Baldwin. Once we get to this point, we can decide if people want to run Tin Cup. Also, the Ox Market and Flea Roast is taking place this weekend in Irons, which is only about 15 minutes from the store in Wolf Lake. It is a big event and very well attended, so that's an option for us to go check out as well. I'm pretty fluid with plans...which I am sure sucks for some of you that want definitive plans and timing. For that, I am sorry :)

If you have any questions or need anything, please reach out. My cell is 231-923-8086. Cell service here is not great, so do not plan on calling/texting when you are close.

Plan on the 4 Horns for Dinner on Friday.
What can we bring to Share? Please give us some ideas or we will bring cash.

The Hood is back on after Rust Repair & Paint and AC Fully Charged.

It needs a good Mud Polish to take down the Shine.

View attachment 3041325
Dustin,
Thank you for the offer. We do not need you to bring anything, we truly enjoy hosting this event. If anything, additional chips/pop are always welcome...bonus points if you purchase it from Wolf Lake Store, if you head to your motel before coming here :)

Cheers,
Jonathan

If anyone needs directions or anything else, please let me know.

Feel free to show up any time Friday or Saturday. We'll have bacon brisket tacos around 6 on Friday night. If kids or anyone else does not want those, we can throw some burgers on the grill or people can cook hot dogs over the campfire. We will have room for people to plug trailers in for power. If that is your plan, please bring an extension cord if possible.

For Saturday, we will take off from our house after lunch. I think we'll run trails from here, stop at Ruby Creek for a beverage if people want, then continue on trails towards Baldwin, with a stop somewhere along the beautiful Pere Marquette River. Once in Baldwin, we can stop by Shoey's Log Bar in downtown and have a drink. From there, we can head north to Club 37. If refreshments/snacks are needed, we can swing by our store (Wolf Lake Store) on M-37 just north of Baldwin. Once we get to this point, we can decide if people want to run Tin Cup. Also, the Ox Market and Flea Roast is taking place this weekend in Irons, which is only about 15 minutes from the store in Wolf Lake. It is a big event and very well attended, so that's an option for us to go check out as well. I'm pretty fluid with plans...which I am sure sucks for some of you that want definitive plans and timing. For that, I am sorry :)

If you have any questions or need anything, please reach out. My cell is 231-923-8086. Cell service here is not great, so do not plan on calling/texting when you are close.
Is anyone planning to hit some trails today? We're going be in the area early this afternoon.

Is anyone planning to hit some trails today? We're going be in the area early this afternoon.
I’ll have stuff in the smoker so will be unable this afternoon. More than welcome to meet here. Or go run Tin Cup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom