My first trip to Merus Adventure Park in Texas coming up! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'll be leaving Austin early tomorrow morning for the eight-hour drive up to Merus Adventure Park in Palo Duro Canyon near Amarillo for their inaugural "Texas Toyota Takeover". If you are not familiar, Palo Duro Canyon is the second largest canyon in the U.S. behind that other canyon. This will be my first trip to Merus and my first big trip of the "season" with trips to Colorado and Utah coming later this Summer and Fall. I've done a lot of prep to get the 'Stak ready for this year's Overlanding season and I'm itching to get going. For those who are interested in seeing what Merus is all about, I'll be posting updates on my Instagram @sleestak100. This year, in addition to my GoPro, I've added a DJI Mavic Air 2 to the A/V kit so I hope to be able to share some dramatic footage. I'll try to keep the rubber side down!
Bonus - It's supposed to be 20 degrees cooler in PDC than in Austin this weekend!
Merus.jpg

Looking forward to your updates and also to go there in the near future.

Jimmy @CenTXFJ60 and other folks put a run together to Mérus last August, couldn’t make it since we went to the Ozarks the same weekend.

Looking forward to your updates and also to go there in the near future.

Jimmy @CenTXFJ60 and other folks put a run together to Mérus last August, couldn’t make it since we went to the Ozarks the same weekend.
It’s a great place. Would not hesitate to go back. We camped in the canyon in early may and it was pretty hot. Get past that and it’s all upside

6699D539-C1ED-4C9B-BF4E-53980CBB75AA.jpeg

9A3AD7B7-1040-402E-88D4-D3B2A2AE093C.jpeg

Jimmy, are you all going to put together the 2nd annual run this year?
Hi Luis. Casey Archer @POTATO LAUNCHER has a direct line on the Merus group. Not sure there’s anything planned. SAS will be on us before we know it. Have to get you up to Ouray with us :).

I'll be there sometime this evening after I rebuild my knuckles. My kit from Kurt is out for delivery.
It will be HOT! I recommend camping on the rim as the floor of the canyon is usually 10 degrees warmer.
It's a dry heat so you guys from humid areas will want to over hydrate.

Hi Luis. Casey Archer @POTATO LAUNCHER has a direct line on the Merus group. Not sure there’s anything planned. SAS will be on us before we know it. Have to get you up to Ouray with us :).
Jimmy,

I would love to go to SAS but summertime is busy for me in terms of work. Registration seems to fill up fast so I will plan to attend next year

I'll be there sometime this evening after I rebuild my knuckles. My kit from Kurt is out for delivery.
It will be HOT! I recommend camping on the rim as the floor of the canyon is usually 10 degrees warmer.
It's a dry heat so you guys from humid areas will want to over hydrate.
Can’t wait to go…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom