The Moonshine Motel (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Have you plugged any 3-prong devices into the outside outlet other than the grinder? I'm thinking the ground lug could be broken. Easy enough to test, but do it with a device, not a meter.

Looks great. Fan and extra tarp for the win.

Good idea, but my grinders are all two prong (not grounded). The drum fan is three prong, works fine, and palm tree is two prong, also works fine. Seems to be load related, but haven't really dug into it.

@AJR's welder and the motel powering it definitely saved Camo's kiester after I tore out the rear crossmember. That fire was a solid idea.

Good idea, but my grinders are all two prong (not grounded). The drum fan is three prong, works fine, and palm tree is two prong, also works fine. Seems to be load related, but haven't really dug into it.
Then maybe it's the grinder? Test at home outlet? But I'd be amazed if you haven't already.

Then maybe it's the grinder? Test at home outlet? But I'd be amazed if you haven't already.

I like the noodling!! All three grinders I tested cause the issue on my exterior outlet of the motel, but not other outlets in the motel. All work at home also.

It's something with that outlet/run, just need to get underneath and figure out what.

I put out a mailbox with "air bnb review submission box" written on it, and got two 🤣

PXL_20220621_220234983.jpg

Redo the connections at each step of the circuit. Make sure you didn’t use the stab holes - they’re the worst. Wrap the wires clockwise around the screws or use the screw clamps if it has them. Sounds like you’re losing some amperage capacity if it’s only that circuit that doesn’t work which sounds like a bad connection. If no luck, swap that breaker for one that works elsewhere and see what happens.

Also, if it’s an exterior mounted outlet then perhaps it wasn’t sealed well and is already corroding internally, which could cause the same issue you’re having.

Is it a gfi or regular outlet?

Regular outlet, regular breaker. Again, haven't even started to troubleshoot it yet, was just in my notes from the week as something to look into later.

Have been on a few trips with the motel since June. Good times as always.

PXL_20221023_202423513.MP.jpg

New truck for @Hokie LX

PXL_20230129_202312735.jpg

New led sign for the motel. Think I'll stick it in one of the windows inside so you can see it from outside.

PXL_20221225_162613221.MP.jpg

I've recently developed the need to transport cars. The motel's lift makes the ramp door too steep for cars, so I picked up some 6' ramps via Amazon from vevor. They seem well made for the $400 price point.

Even with the ramps, the flip up portion of the ramp door was interfering, and the ramp door had no lip to latch them onto.

So, I took off the flip down part and made notches in the door for the ramps to latch in. Seems to work well. I'll test it with a car in the next day or so.

PXL_20230131_001300545.jpg

PXL_20230131_001314415.jpg

Have been on a few trips with the motel since June. Good times as always.

View attachment 3234591

New truck for @Hokie LX

View attachment 3234594

New led sign for the motel. Think I'll stick it in one of the windows inside so you can see it from outside.

View attachment 3234592

I've recently developed the need to transport cars. The motel's lift makes the ramp door too steep for cars, so I picked up some 6' ramps via Amazon from vevor. They seem well made for the $400 price point.

Even with the ramps, the flip up portion of the ramp door was interfering, and the ramp door had no lip to latch them onto.

So, I took off the flip down part and made notches in the door for the ramps to latch in. Seems to work well. I'll test it with a car in the next day or so.

View attachment 3234593

View attachment 3234595
The sign is killer! 😍

Hell of a Xmas gift right? Word is @Hokie LX helped Laura pick it out. I love it!

New ramps worked great. Ramp door is still ****ed, but usable.

PXL_20230131_215519349.jpg

PXL_20230131_215648423.jpg

Time to start upgrades on the motel again after a year off.

So I started cuttin'.

PXL_20240327_194249432.MP.jpg

I love cutting things.

Glued in the steel, cut the hole, cut and formed the new panel, and slid it in between the sheets. @Hokie LX had a brilliant idea of making this a little mini diorama around the sign, so that's definitely happening.

PXL_20240328_203336598.jpg
PXL_20240328_210746312.jpg
PXL_20240328_222304513.MP.jpg
PXL_20240328_222312876.jpg
PXL_20240328_222320302.jpg

I love it. The sign will look epic there. I was also thinking of other uses for the area. Mailbox to avoid porch pirates? Pass through for short order kitchen? “Beer Me” hole to keep the fun going all night long? Bathroom view to add to the mystique of the structure?

I am trying to figure out how to put a tap handle on the outside with a keg inside without installing another fridge (not sure that's possible). I need to figure out how to permanently mount my mailbox too, lol.

Keg, bucket of ice. CO2 charged I hope, I hate pumping those things. Keg could go with the propane?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom