SOLD Late model FJ40 Guage Cluster (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for a guage cluster in great shape for a 79 FJ40. Mine is rusted and i don't want to invest the energy. Must have MPH and Km/h. Looks like all the new clusters being sold are in Km/h. Thanks.

Looking for a guage cluster in great shape for a 79 FJ40. Mine is rusted and i don't want to invest the energy. Must have MPH and Km/h. Looks like all the new clusters being sold are in Km/h. Thanks.
I VMed you, right?

@hyhpe thanks for the call out.

@65swb45 has the best OEM cluster selection ever...I think.

I have a couple of 79s if Marc doesn't have what you need.

@hyhpe thanks for the call out.

@65swb45 has the best OEM cluster selection ever...I think.

I have a couple of 79s if Marc doesn't have what you need.
I’m pretty certain that even though I have over 80 clusters, I don’t have any left that are newer than ‘78. The one NOS one I posted recently is for 74-78. Obviously the gearing would be different in the ‘79 up, along with the 50A ammeter.

City Racer still sells the km/h version with the 50-0-50 ammeter for $320. Just change the faceplate to get mph speedometer. Unfortunately you are stuck with the KM odometer unless you can swap the old one. You also have to modify the ammeter wiring. I don’t recall what to do, but it’s best not to try and connect the ammeter at all or you can short everything and burn your wiring. Not sure if you can swap the 30-0-30 ammeter in place of the 50-0-50 ammeter or not.

City Racer still sells the km/h version with the 50-0-50 ammeter for $320. Just change the faceplate to get mph speedometer. Unfortunately you are stuck with the KM odometer unless you can swap the old one. You also have to modify the ammeter wiring. I don’t recall what to do, but it’s best not to try and connect the ammeter at all or you can short everything and burn your wiring. Not sure if you can swap the 30-0-30 ammeter in place of the 50-0-50 ammeter or not.
I have one in my ‘78. Works great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom