What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (26 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Unfortunately I relate all too much to your post. A few weeks ago I was winching my 100 out of the yard with my 40 (front bumper against a tree as a stop)...well apparently that wasn't a great idea because I too ruined my "newish" previously unscratched bumper and crushed the door of the 100 on a tree. If that wasn't enough the following weekend I proceeded to back my 100 into my wife's rav4 and cause 3800 worth of damage. All this fun without leaving the confines of my tiny 1.12 acre property. Come to think of....years ago I rolled one of my 40s in the driveway which probably equates to more land cruiser damage has happened in my yard than on the trail.
Bummer on all accounts! I could give you a list of self-inflicted vehicle & property damages on private property that would make one seriously question my ability to function as an adult in society. I have never damaged a vehicle or been in an accident out in public though!

Bummer on all accounts! I could give you a list of self-inflicted vehicle & property damages on private property that would make one seriously question my ability to function as an adult in society. I have never damaged a vehicle or been in an accident out in public though!
Very much the same with this one exception.

40 wreck.jpg

You win! I'm so sorry to see this. I'm assuming the 100 series didn't like the way the trailer was loaded, the tail started wagging the dog and this is the end result?
It didn't like how it was loaded once one of the tires popped. It made one wag before barrel rolling two times.

View attachment 3037706
My wife’s favorite picture of our boys Simon & Sammy……. sadly we lost Simon last October and Sammy just yesterday - 16 and 17 great years!
Miss them….
I am so sorry to hear of your losses. I lost Daisy my GSD over a year ago, I still miss her. She was my buddy. Went all over with me.

I am so sorry to hear of your losses. I lost Daisy my GSD over a year ago, I still miss her. She was my buddy. Went all over with me.
They definitely leave a big hole in your heart when they leave……. 😔

Last edited:
@roma042987 sorry about your losses all around that’s ruff to hear about and see.

I finally started “refreshing” the old rig over the last week. Time to take the top off and see all the rust I need to fix on the back doors and other places…

A nice coat of wax and some painting refresh makes a big difference!

85154940-1D55-4ABB-80D3-2DF8AC9347CA.jpeg

C82190DD-338D-45CE-BF4C-9D346296659C.jpeg

182653FF-3EB7-4D9C-999B-EAF3801A4352.jpeg

Over built a bracket to mount my 2 gallon air tank. I didnt think I'd have clearance to z bend this bracket on my press so I scored it and tried to use the vice. Got it to fit in the press, but broke off one ear. Welded it back on.
I'm planning on routing via a Wits End manifold to an air chuck up front and one in the rear using DOT air brake line. Since the ID is smaller, I think I also leave a close air chuck with a fat line for air tools and reseating beads.

I got my '78 40 just before memorial day, it was a 20th wedding anniversary gift for my wife and it's been a marathon of work. My spreadsheet shows 104 repairs/adjustments made since getting it home. From hooking up the oil pressure sender and brake light switches - just unplugged! To patching the rear ambulance door lower latch area, it's been a project for sure. Even sewed a new transfer case shifter boot. Biggest win so far has been trouble shooting a stalling when warmed up issue, of course of my own making. Sorted that out today after getting the oil pan back on and fresh oil in it. Thanks to Mud I've been able to get a ton more done than I could have with out this resource, so thanks to everyone for posting your tricks and tips and problems and solutions, Greatly appreciated. Still burning some oil and a lot of work to go but for now, just need to get it registered before the local Forest Fair/4th of July parade and we'll be good to go.

8626F0A6-A548-4D2A-8A79-0D94C0AB874C.jpeg

Last edited:
Very much the same with this one exception.

View attachment 3039884

Ouch, I hadn't seen this before Roma. Hopefully everyone was okay. Looked like a couple of very nice cruisers. Tuesday 100 series much easier to replace than the 40 series. Looks like you have a engine and full floating axle strapped down. Even though I don't have brakes when I flat tow I perfer to my car hauler. That did look like a sweet 79+ FJ40. Nice roof rack and one of 4+ brush guard. Hopefully was an 83. 79/80?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom