GX460 / Prado150 pic thread (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It may not be a bad idea to just rinse the bottom of your rig after a drive like that. Maybe pressure wash it or a simple sprinkler/s setup that you can drive over so they're positioned under your car (one each in front, middle and rear) and then just turn on the sprinklers, go inside and have a cuppa coffee for 10 or 15 minutes and that should rinse the entire bottom of your car!

unfortunately drives like that are daily from about December to May where I live haha. But I do try to keep the undercarriage especially clean and rinse it often. I hate salt!!!

Reactions: r2m
786CB2B1-1D6A-49D9-9D67-55040B57AE3B.jpeg

Did a real basic trail around Central City called Pewabic Road today. Also bought some ARB skids from Slee. Those will go on tonight and tomorrow before we try some more difficult trails.

0615221635.jpg

My 255/80r17s (33s) are lookin SKINNY
I get that, I am worried my 33x10.5s will be the same once I get more front and rear clearance.

I get that, I am worried my 33x10.5s will be the same once I get more front and rear clearance.

Yup - my tires are the same basic dimensions. I think it actually looks fine in person, but for some reason looks a little wonky in photos.

Had a little bit of chopping happen today! If/when I want to move up in sizes, I can. Car is otherwise completely stock drivetrain wise with 265/70s.

View attachment 3035207
Looks like you about max'ed out what you could trim!
Is that just a 1/8"x 2" steel strap you welded on?

Looks like you about max'ed out what you could trim!
Is that just a 1/8"x 2" steel strap you welded on?

I'm not sure - I had a shop perform the work as I was uncomfortable welding (limited experience). It wasn't bad price wise as it was a relatively new shop in town (Reno) and charged $299. Looks like they did a pretty good job.

Reactions: r2m
I'm not sure - I had a shop perform the work as I was uncomfortable welding (limited experience). It wasn't bad price wise as it was a relatively new shop in town (Reno) and charged $299. Looks like they did a pretty good job.
$300 for a body mount chop?? :oops:

Inflation, inflation, inflation... :flipoff2:

I live on the west coast - it's actually one of the better priced ones I found. Without access with a friend with a welder, it is what it is.
Yup. I did mine at the same time I had cam tab gussets welded on. It was close to 250, I think.

That's looking very sharp! 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom