BJ40 B-Engine ball joint throttle linkage parts - metal replacements! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rusto

SILVER Star
Threads
I was in dire straights... I was changing out the diaphragm in my 75 BJ40 this weekend and taking off the throttle linkage to get a little room. Snap! The brittle 47-year-old plastic ball joint end on piece of the linkage broke right into. Not surprising, considering the age and what they must have been through. And I thought to myself, "self. Here we go on another Toyota diesel parts hunt in the good ol' USA. This is going to suck"

But... a quick search on the google and lo and behold, steel replacements were available right here in Colorado.

Toyota BJ40 Diesel Land Cruiser Accelerator Venturi Throttle Ball Joint Linkage | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/252586259332

The order has been placed, the seller replied quickly and the new and improved replaced parts will be here by this weekend.

Hopefully this will be a good source for others at some point

Last edited:
To put a bow on this one. Got the metal replacements and they appear to be very well made with an ingenious clip that is easy to get on. The dimensions over all are spot on.
What I like about the clip is that once you slide the straight part into the holes to secure the ball in the joint, you just rotate it around and it clips nice and easy to the shaft.

Anybody in need of replacing the plastic pieces, it's hard to go wrong with well made metal replacements for $30.

IMG_7199.jpg

IMG_7206.jpg

To put a bow on this one. Got the metal replacements and they appear to be very well made with an ingenious clip that is easy to get on. The dimensions over all are spot on.
What I like about the clip is that once you slide the straight part into the holes to secure the ball in the joint, you just rotate it around and it clips nice and easy to the shaft.

Anybody in need of replacing the plastic pieces, it's hard to go wrong with well made metal replacements for $30.

View attachment 3056218

View attachment 3056219

speak to me more on this topic please

i have a drawer of NOS Accelerator RODS and LINKAGE ........

oem toyota

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom