Member input needed for Logan’s run (1 Viewer)

Are you planning to attend Logan’s run 2022?

• I am a TLCA member

Votes: 28 66.7%
  • I am not a TLCA member

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • I am not a TLCA member but willing to become member

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • I am not a TLCA member and don’t plan on becoming one

Votes: 2 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Al,

I think you misunderstood. The plan is for the club to pay for LR. The profits that are made at CRR is the money used to pay for it.
As far as costs. I can’t compare the costs to run the event from now to what they were 5 or 10 years ago. The current model works and I prefer it to be a smaller event for the club.

Al,

I think you misunderstood. The plan is for the club to pay for LR. The profits that are made at CRR is the money used to pay for it.
As far as costs. I can’t compare the costs to run the event from now to what they were 5 or 10 years ago. The current model works and I prefer it to be a smaller event for the club.
Thanks for clarifying :)

Del,

I am surprised with the numbers you are sharing. I heard last year we were running LR without a profit.... but to lose $3000. The fixed cost of insurance and renting Group Camp is set, so that leaves only two areas to look at: meals and prizes. Can you give us an idea of those costs last year so maybe we can brainstorm on how to minimize that expense.
l

Kenny,

The finance plan for LR is to run the event based on the profits of CRR and I think it is a good plan and we should stick with it. Last year was the pilot for this and The event in my opinion was just as good as it had ever been or better and the smaller, family oriented vibe from last year was awesome in my opinion.
Kenny and everyone else please let me say that the club is not “losing” money by running the event the way we are ( last year, this year and hopefully years to come)
The club is hosting the event ( ONSC OFF-ROAD event for the year) for us and by us so I have zero issue with the club spending money to host the event. So please nobody misunderstand me.
Also, based on last years LR I don’t think we need to remove anything “ to save the club money”. So I don’t think that is the correct course of action.

All I am asking is this.

Do we want the club to pay 3/4 of the event? Then we leave the registration at $30 and we are good to go nothing changes.

Or

Do we want the club to pay 1/2 of the event? Then we can raise the registration to $50 and we move forward.

Also, Kenny and all members. I also ask that we don’t try to implement any other changes yet. Just like hosting CRR this year ( as club president) and I had a few behind the scenes improvements that the club will implement to next years CRR. After this years LR I will see if we can improve on anything and make those changes for 2023.
NOTE: when I say changes it is all behind the scenes admin stuff that the rest of the BOD will deal with. Usually they are having to do with changes that no one else sees except the committee planning the event.

Kenny
I have no problem sharing the numbers with you or anyone else but I won’t do it on this forum.
Again, my plan is to put out an ONSC financial snapshot focusing on CRR numbers, LR numbers and where the club stands financially and or any other big expenses. I will do this at Logan’s run since it is for members only now.

Last edited:
Personally, I don’t have any issue with either of the options, looks like both are well thought out plans. $20 difference is 4-5 gallons of fuel, not a material amount and it’s all for a good cause.
One thought though, I had no idea Logans Run was a memorial event, until second year when Vee told me the story behind it (thank you John). I just thought that if it was in/on the name, would help others like me that never knew Logan, understand it’s a celebration of his life, not just a club gathering.

Last couple of years, we put a brochure into the gift bag that you get when you show up. In there, Al had written a nice story about Logan. They also had some club history in there, hint hint: All of the answers to the trivia questions about the club were in there.

This year we are planning on doing a brochure again, anyone that would like to contribute to the verbiage or the overall design, please let me know! If you have something specific to Logan, that’s definitely appreciated!

Never having known Logan, it was a real treat to hear about him during my first visit to the Club in 2017 (I think that’s when I ventured down without knowing anyone). The usual celebrations of life can’t hold a candle to the efforts and recognition given by all the members kind enough to share stories about his life and their experiences with him. Please, if you feel compelled to share-DO IT. Logan’s Run really solidified my belief that there are good people in this world-and beyond. Thank you for putting this event on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom