Cheap and/or best value rear bumper w/ spare mount (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I like the SoFlo bumper for what it is. The newer version has a 2 inch hitch and is thicker overall metal wise. It's also curved at an angle now on the flat parts on the side; it looks better. I wanted something to hold my spare and some jerry cans with some rear crash protection. It serves it's purpose.

I like the SoFlo bumper for what it is. The newer version has a 2 inch hitch and is thicker overall metal wise. It's also curved at an angle now on the flat parts on the side; it looks better. I wanted something to hold my spare and some jerry cans with some rear crash protection. It serves it's purpose.
Thanks! Do you have any pics of the side profile and from straight back?

So how is that rear spindle for the swing out? It looks different than all the other bumpers out there. Is it 2 heim joints?

Yes, it’s two heim joints for the swing out. It works really well and allows for easy adjustment to get it lined up and locked in.
27C33B77-C12A-4322-A7A2-400F86F2076E.jpeg

Anyone else have the newer SoFlo rear bumper? Thoughts and pics? Dissent & 4x4 Labs are both 6 months out from shipping. Slee is out and over $4k now. BIO not taking orders. Dobinsons is in stock and was headed that direction. ARB is just ugly. Worry about finding a good welder for the Coastal kit.

Anyone else have the newer SoFlo rear bumper? Thoughts and pics? Dissent & 4x4 Labs are both 6 months out from shipping. Slee is out and over $4k now. BIO not taking orders. Dobinsons is in stock and was headed that direction. ARB is just ugly. Worry about finding a good welder for the Coastal kit.
FWIW, I saw on Facebook that Ben (Dissent) was doing a small run of Aluminum bumpers in Early May. I emailed them and paid immediately. I picked it up (I'm local-ish) last weekend, so it was 4 weeks from payment to being ready. They mentioned it may be a while until another run in Aluminum. That may be an "email for availability" type of thing, and may or may not even be available anymore - just an FYI.

FWIW, I saw on Facebook that Ben (Dissent) was doing a small run of Aluminum bumpers in Early May. I emailed them and paid immediately. I picked it up (I'm local-ish) last weekend, so it was 4 weeks from payment to being ready. They mentioned it may be a while until another run in Aluminum. That may be an "email for availability" type of thing, and may or may not even be available anymore - just an FYI.

Yes a few aluminum rear bumpers in stock that you can order directly on the website but 3-4 weeks out if you want swingarms

Worry about finding a good welder for the Coastal kit.
You could also check with fellow MUD members with that to see if they have done it local to you and could also help out. As a thought.

But yeah, the Dobinsons rear bumpers are in stock.

Yeah Dobinson rear bumper with dual swing out for under $2500 is a damn steal! Many other bumpers can cost twice as that!

Yes a few aluminum rear bumpers in stock that you can order directly on the website but 3-4 weeks out if you want swingarms
need one for a FJ80, just realized this is posted in the 100 forum!

Thread is super helpful, thanks for the input. Just bought 2000 100LC. Trying to refrain from too much more $$$ evaporating out of my pocket but it didn't come with a spare.

He has emerged more recently, but Garret at Vally Tech Fabrication builds a fantastic custom bumper. He will work with you to build exactly what you want. I will add, that he is EXTREMELY reasonable in his pricing, and if you’re willing to go to him, will install it on your rig for you. I have never in my life been walked thru such a pleasant buying experience.
4702E591-CF22-43DF-90B6-6C2C170BA464.jpeg
408FA979-803C-4748-B981-8104C7C4A218.jpeg

227CDF87-19DF-4D8B-B94B-F676AEEAAAE2.jpeg

B302B29B-1BF2-4983-BB74-C791051CAA44.jpeg

1DA02C9F-EB73-47B2-98EE-8D7690ECEAFD.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom