Post Booster Replacement - ABS/VSC Lights with Codes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So after this replacement, now I'm trying to get my ABS/VSC lights to turn off. Warning sound and brake light have stopped.
Booster assembly was done following the instructions posted by many. "Manual" flush then Techstream for all four corners to activate the ABS solenoids. After bleeidng with clear fluid and no air, LC brakes great. But I have the ABS and VSC lights that won't turn off nor will it clear them using Techstream.

I have the following:
C1223 - ABS Control System Malfunction
C1233 - Open/Short..Yaw Rate
C1244 - Open/Short...Decel Sensor
C1246 - Master Cylinder Pressure

I understand the C1223 is generic when anything in the ABS is not functioning downstream, so I'm guessing the C1246 is triggering this. Are there any troubleshooting procedures for any of these codes? Do they magically disappear after some driving? or have I done screwed something up?

The one thing I didn't do is drive on gravel as some have done to flex the ABS system but I figure that's what I was doing in TS for all four corners (4 seconds, resting, etc.) until all air and fluid ran clean.

Clearing DTCs in TS does nothing to these lights on the dash. They come on every time you start the car without pressing anything.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
I am sorry, I have no answer, but wanted to share what my cousin did to his 01 Montero (same setup as LC). He installed a new ABS motor and accumulator, bled all 4 lines at the PUMP (with key on) and it drives good! No codes and I rode it!

Doing a Zero Point Calibration and Pedal Height Adjust (switch) and see if this clears the codes...

I’m having the same issue. Replaced with a refurbished booster and now ABS light is on. Anybody have more info on how to clear this?

Last edited:
I also have this leftover. Any idea where this goes?

FA3DA0C7-11E5-475C-8FE6-2FF1DBA726E6.jpeg

This was my reply in the sticky thread listed above:

“Solved mine, and it's actually quite embarrassing but I'll tuck my ego and tell.
The triangular connector which faces forward was inserted the wrong way. Orientation wasn't the same on the new versus the old and it was actually turned 120 degrees so it looked the same. And it doesn't take that much force unlike other connectors to insert it incorrectly.

Yep, that's it. Feel like a fool but at least all is good, ZPC was done and i'm certain all my other connectors are clean and firmly pressed in and fuses are good because I chased every single one that could potentially be causing a fault.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom