Tilting fridge slide options? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So what's available for a tilting type of fridge slide? With my newtome drawer system, my 47l ARB is now way too high to easily access when mounted on the basic ARB horizontal slide.

The Tembo Tusk are the first that I had seen, but I recall them being very heavy (and expensive), doesn't even look like they are in production anymore?

MSA has several models (in both the standard Straight pull or a sideways mount)
DS40 Fridge Drop Slide – Kakadu Camping

Dunn & Watson has a tiling model
4x4 Slide And Tilt Fridge Slides – 80LTR and Over

Alu-Cabs slide n tilt model
https://adventure-ready.com/store/alu-cab-fridge-slide/

Outback equipment tilting model
https://www.outbackequipment.com.au/fridge-slide-68-x-39cm

What other options does anyone know of?

Last edited:
There's this one as well
DFG Offroad Fridge Slide and Tilt for ARB 37 - 50 Qt | Drop Dawn

The tembo tusk was a full on drop slide, and yes it was big and heavy as hell. I believe they do not make them any more.
The DS40 doesn't look as massively over built as the TT, at least in the pic. If you want a drop, at least you can take a drive out to Kakadu Camping and see one in person.

@gofast ditched his tembo tusk drop slide (to me, lol) and got the Alu Cab tilting slide. It seems really nice, and if I decide to put one in my 81 I'd most likely go that route.

There's a nice deal on an Alu Cab tilt slide on our local craigslist (in Kelowna, I think) right now, but it's for a 60-80L model. So if you were thinking of upsizing your fridge... :grinpimp:

like my alu cab - very simple and light construction. Only drawback is that it rattles, but I dealt with that.

I already have 36” lock in/out slides so I was going to Fabricate my own version of the Dunn and Watson for my Dometic CFX75DZW. I’m pretty sure I can make it for less than the $600 it would cost to get it to Canada.

I made my own using a $100 metal rack designed for computer servers. It doesn't tilt, but that would have been easy to do.
IMG_1446.jpg

BigSky80, hehe! I had a similar thought. I have a ton of old slides around work that would be perfect. Lock in and lock out.

I have also been looking around for the scissor type cable management piece on the back of some server slides that allow the cable to travel without getting pinched. Like this:

94B756C0-156F-425A-86EB-9AE1317CD1F0.jpeg

May just 3D print something that will work similar.

@Brimstone I didn't even know the scissor cable management existed... I'm going to have to look into that one.
Cheers,
Scot

I was going to go the Wits End route when the fridge was in my FJ80. However, now that I have it in the teardrop with a dedicated space (less likely to be bumped) I haven't seen the need for the SB50 connector. Additionally the cord runs more than the slide cost me which is a little tough to justify. Thanks for the suggestion though!
Cheers,
Scot

like my alu cab - very simple and light construction. Only drawback is that it rattles, but I dealt with that.
Bringing this back up as I just installed one of these slides and the rattle sucks. I installed more foam at the back of the frame so the front to back movement has been reduced but side to side is the real problem.

I used a Destaco toggle latch that I bolted to the deck the slide sits on and the hook is mounted on the slide

literally rebuilding my storage using 80/20. So photo not available as I have the old storage apart. If you can wait about two weeks...

Waiting no issue, curious to see how you orientated it.

For now I can up with this simple solution. I installed a longer bolt into the stopper location that applies lateral stability. I have to loosen it before using the slide. Leaving for 5 days and will see how this works on the trail. If works I’ll look for a fastener that I can get an easier grip on as a permanent solution. Maybe something like this even. McMaster-Carr - https://www.mcmaster.com/knobs/thread-size~m12/choose-a-color-adjustable-handles/

D8BA4A7B-509C-47AE-A3B3-E809FAA0B7B9.jpeg

Last edited:
Waiting no issue, curious to see how you orientated it.

For now I can up with this simple solution. I installed a longer bolt into the stopper location that applies lateral stability. I have to loosen it before using the slide. Leaving for 5 days and will see how this works on the trail. If works I’ll look for a fastener that I can get an easier grip on as a permanent solution. Maybe something like this even. McMaster-Carr - https://www.mcmaster.com/knobs/thread-size~m12/choose-a-color-adjustable-handles/

View attachment 3021872

My Destaco arrangement

20220612_095434[1].jpg

So it looks like you put that on the back?
Yes I did. Works well. Pain when I don't remember to unlatch it...but only temp pain

Bringing this back up as I just installed one of these slides and the rattle sucks. I installed more foam at the back of the frame so the front to back movement has been reduced but side to side is the real problem.
I've got foam installed on the stationary frame as well as the sliding frame that has eliminated any longitudinal rattles.

For lateral rattles, the "tabs" that the locking pins slide into... I sort of bent them inward a bit. Took some trial and error to find the sweet spot between ease of use, alignment with the pins, and no rattles, but I got it there. Only rattles I run into now is if I have a light load in the fridge that isn't well packed or the fridge's baskets moving around. Plenty of washboard road miles and holding strong.

I've got a 65L fridge on whatever the largest Alu-Cab tilting slide is.

BigSky80, hehe! I had a similar thought. I have a ton of old slides around work that would be perfect. Lock in and lock out.

I have also been looking around for the scissor type cable management piece on the back of some server slides that allow the cable to travel without getting pinched. Like this:

View attachment 1895108

May just 3D print something that will work similar.
I ordered this cable drag chain to try to see if I can use it to manage my fridge power cable

Screen Shot 2022-06-26 at 11.56.08 AM.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom