Differences in Koyo Bearing Markings - Way to Detect Real or Copy? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

I recently acquired replacement hubs for my 200 series and noticed that the bearing markings on the part I pulled do not match the one supplied. I am the second owner of this truck, so they could have been replaced before, however I doubt it due to the condition. See the images below, which are slightly different in stamping and numerical identification. The bearing marked with "Japan" and "5A" is the original. I do believe the ones I received are OEM components and were likely manufactured in the states (for example a Tundra or Sequoia part). Has the forum found a way to know for sure? Although difficult to see both have very small part numbers on the outermost edge.

In all honesty, I am going to install these as they look great, but am now curious in general.

20220618_162015.jpg

20220618_162021.jpg

20220618_162029.jpg

Maybe try contacting Koyo and see whether they have methods to identify counterfeits.

It’s possible the OEM bearings have different markings it part #s, even if they were manufactured by Koyo. Or the different markings indicated a revised part, or even a different facility it was manufactured at.

If it helps this new in box made in Japan Genuine Toyota Koyo-produced bearing has been on my shelf for about a year.

IMG_7307.JPG

IMG_7308.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom