Lexus LX - Land Cruiser 100 Window Pinch Sensor Reset (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This video was great. Thank you for that. Could you help me understand the necessity of removing the glass, and regulator, and separating the motor as opposed to doing the four-second hold with the glass installed?

This video was great. Thank you for that. Could you help me understand the necessity of removing the glass, and regulator, and separating the motor as opposed to doing the four-second hold with the glass installed?
You need to separate the motor from the regulator and then plug the motor alone into it’s harness and let the motor run for 4 or more seconds.
With the glass installed and the regular attached running the motor in upward direction won’t fix the problem.
The procedure that I explained in the video is prescribed method by Toyota service manual for reprogramming the pinch sensor.
Once you remove the motor and let it run for 4 seconds in upwards direction and then put it back in the regulator and install it back in the door “ Don’t run the motor without the glass installed otherwise your problem won’t go away.

Perfect! Thank you for clarifying. And keep up the good videos.

Hi everyone. Today I successfully repaired the window pinch sensor function of my car. Someone broke my car's driver window few months ago, after replacing it with new glass the pinch sensor quit working.
Here is the link to video that will help you fix this problem.

Great addition to the forums. I had this issue and posted about it in the window channel thread but I never had video instruction. This is great.

My window will move up a bit then move down if i use the auto mode of the window button. Will this fix my issue?

My window will move up a bit then move down if i use the auto mode of the window button. Will this fix my issue?
Make sure your window channels are clean and there’s isn’t any grime preventing the glass from smoothly sliding up and down.
The method shown in the video will fix your auto up function.
If your window motor is weak and is struggling to move window up, you need to replace it with an OEM reman motor.

Make sure your window channels are clean and there’s isn’t any grime preventing the glass from smoothly sliding up and down.
The method shown in the video will fix your auto up function.
If your window motor is weak and is struggling to move window up, you need to replace it with an OEM reman motor.
I would replace the window channels first. Thats what made the difference for smooth and faster window operation.

I think this is only for LX and not the same year LC. Toyota used a thermal cutoff switch for some vehicles, I believe LC 2000 has the same thermal cutoff. BAsically once the window reaches max or min, the current draw is high making the bimetal ti expand in different ways disconnecting the current.

IN this LX, the free spin of motor for 4 sec or more erases the memory of high current draw. Once all installed at the top or bottom, the current draw is high and this is now recorded as top or bottom, Pretty neat!

I think this is only for LX and not the same year LC. Toyota used a thermal cutoff switch for some vehicles, I believe LC 2000 has the same thermal cutoff. BAsically once the window reaches max or min, the current draw is high making the bimetal ti expand in different ways disconnecting the current.

IN this LX, the free spin of motor for 4 sec or more erases the memory of high current draw. Once all installed at the top or bottom, the current draw is high and this is now recorded as top or bottom, Pretty neat!
Interesting

Hey any fixes to a high screeching sound when the window goes down. Already replaced the window run. And sprayed with dry lube.

Last edited:

1999 LC has pinch sensor and I have used the following instructions to reset the pinch sensor. Any ideas when thermal cutoff started in Land Cruiser?

Hey any fixes to a high screeching sound when the window goes down. Already replaced the window run. And sprayed with dry lube.
Maybe your window regulator is out of alignment and not completely lined up with channels. This is just a thought and please don't replace parts before confirming it's bad.
It could also be door trim that rubs against the window glass.

I am stumped on this. I have an 06 LC and I get the blinking light on the drivers door switch, the auto up-down works on all the doors but the driver. I pulled out the glass and followed the motor reset. For what its worth, the motor didn't have OEM Toyota Markings so perhaps its no bueno?
I re-assembled and followed the reset instructions, still no dice. Blinking light on the drivers switch, all others work great. No auto up-down. I even have a spare master switch, still no dice. Any suggestions?

I am stumped on this. I have an 06 LC and I get the blinking light on the drivers door switch, the auto up-down works on all the doors but the driver. I pulled out the glass and followed the motor reset. For what its worth, the motor didn't have OEM Toyota Markings so perhaps its no bueno?
I re-assembled and followed the reset instructions, still no dice. Blinking light on the drivers switch, all others work great. No auto up-down. I even have a spare master switch, still no dice. Any suggestions?
If the glass motor isn’t genuine Denso that might be the reason.

Did your pinch sensor need reset? Can you elaborate on how your auto up-down not working? Does it not going up/down at all?

Great question. I bought the truck about 6 months ago and the oem window switch has been blinking since I got it. It’s always worked up and down, but never auto. The other 3 windows operate on auto without issue. I’ve tried every way I can find to reset the switch and nothing has worked. So I dug deeper and thought it might be the pinch sensor. But no luck yet. The only thing that looks suspicious is the motor might not be OEM. It doesn’t have any Denso stamps. Any suggestions would be much appreciated

This is fun. I asked you to describe how it is not working and you described how it is working :). How is it not working? Still trying to understand what "never auto" means. Does your window move up or down at all when you do auto-up? Can you try this at various window positions, especially window is at almost close position? Does it move up and then bounce back?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom