UCAs - suggestions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm replacing the UCAs(& CV Shafts, in/out tie-rods/boots, wheel bearings) on my '01 LX470, it has zero lift, no intentions of lifting it. I've been looking at various Control Arm manufacturers, can anyone suggest someone that is compatible with a zero lift LX470. Thanx in advance.

I think Toyota makes some that will fit.

I’ve seen some threads about some other manufacturers but if you’re not gonna lift, just go OEM, right?

I went Moog UCA
1655523484580.gif

Impex Japan seems to have the best price going on OEM uppers including shipping. ~$150 per. 6.1kg shipped is ~$65. $365 for both is the best deal I could find.

Impex Japan seems to have the best price going on OEM uppers including shipping. ~$150 per. 6.1kg shipped is ~$65. $365 for both is the best deal I could find.
Hell of a deal

Thank You!! for all your feedback. I appreciate it. The site: Parstsouq is awesome, tons of diagrams. I've found a couple sites that have inventory, not the Japanese-made stuff though - no inventory. I've decided to go with Moog,(cant find the Japanese-made arms).
I hate taking stuff apart, only to repeat the process because I didn't replace this or that part...the 'ol: replace it while you're at it philosophy. SO, I've decided to replace the lower arms as well. I don't think the ball-joints have ever been done. I've already decided to replace inner/outer tie-rods, wheel bearings, cv shafts, upper arms(obviously), just thinking everything might as well be new... Unless someone can tell the lower arms last forever(nothing does). ..what would you do?

Thank You!! for all your feedback. I appreciate it. The site: Parstsouq is awesome, tons of diagrams. I've found a couple sites that have inventory, not the Japanese-made stuff though - no inventory. I've decided to go with Moog,(cant find the Japanese-made arms).
I hate taking stuff apart, only to repeat the process because I didn't replace this or that part...the 'ol: replace it while you're at it philosophy. SO, I've decided to replace the lower arms as well. I don't think the ball-joints have ever been done. I've already decided to replace inner/outer tie-rods, wheel bearings, cv shafts, upper arms(obviously), just thinking everything might as well be new... Unless someone can tell the lower arms last forever(nothing does). ..what would you do?
The arms themselves last forever if not subjected to hard wheeling. The bushings and ball joints are replaceable. But easiest to just buy new arms if you don’t want to mess with pressing bushings and joints.

Please buy something other than Moog.

That has been my plan...replace entire assembly. By the time you buy BJs/Bushings, get 'em pressed in place....
Issues w/Moog?

The arms themselves last forever if not subjected to hard wheeling. The bushings and ball joints are replaceable. But easiest to just buy new arms if you don’t want to mess with pressing bushings and joints.

Please buy something other than Moog.
issues w/Moog?

What do yo need to do when you open the IMEX site, to get english version...

issues w/Moog?
Chinese trash that breaks. Search MUD for broken Moog control arms…

I’m gonna let everyone in on a little secret: Beck/Arnley suspension parts are often Japanese-made Sankei 555 and *occasionally* OEM Toyota. For example, 100 series upper control arms:

897F05BF-8B5B-40C4-A1D4-0D63DFF71BFF.jpeg

Amazon product ASIN B00SYX6OVY

Chinese trash that breaks. Search MUD for broken Moog control arms…

I’m gonna let everyone in on a little secret: Beck/Arnley suspension parts are often Japanese-made Sankei 555 and *occasionally* OEM Toyota. For example, 100 series upper control arms:

View attachment 3038233
Amazon product ASIN B00SYX6OVY
I CAINT STAIND CHINESE CRAP. Moog moved to China(I 4got). Thanks for the tip on Beck/Arnley. I'll be loking for them if i'm not able to use hi-perf stuff(Dobisons, etc).

how long have the original ones lasted?
chances of any aftermarket lasting half that long in the stock application are nill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom